Episode 01-02 First Impressions, Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Curse of the Royal Harem - 萬鳳之王' started by b-lee, Oct 31, 2011.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Haven't watched it yet, but for those who have what do you think of this series so far?

2. hello_kitty19_81

hello_kitty19_81 Well-Known Member

The series will be 100% better if Myolie Wu is not in it. I hate her with a passion. She doesn't even deserve to be with bosco wong

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

It's better than I expected...

I'll be watching it for now...

4. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Myolie deserve to be with bosco.....because i'm not a fan of both.....

This series is alright....

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

It better be a good series lol, i dont know a series that had a 2hour premiere? there should be a lot of hype... too bad i dont watch ancient series, can't stand the clothes and the setting and everything.

it seems like you either hate myolie or in love with bosco

6. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

two episodes on the first day?

7. densha

densha Well-Known Member

More battle between bitches in the palace. Didn't we see something so similar a couple years ago in "Realm of Consciousness" with Charmaine and Tavia? Although this seems to be a weaker cast overall but still looking decent. Sunny Chan isn't bad, he's been the top line of actors for many years, although he's been in series randomly here and there. And for those bashing Myolie, please, Kate is garbage compared to her. Myolie has decent acting and talent, and doesn't whore out herself in order to be at the top. Jessica has always been one of the top TVB FaDan's for many years, and despite her age now, she still looks great and very good acting of course. Yes, the theme is overused but I'm actually confident with this cast. Not to mention Nancy Wu is in here too.

8. cloud75

cloud75 Active Member

I definately agree - not that I dislike Myolie, but her acting evil was pretty worse than expected. In general the serie caught my attention.

@densha seriously Kate is bashing off Myolie in comparison. At least Kate and Fala are going to be the top two rival in this year TVB awards.

#8 cloud75, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  9. Toilet

Toilet Well-Known Member

It is quite good, the first two episodes gets you hooked onto the series that's why they broadcast two instead of one, smart move TVB!
    In terms of storyline the pace is good, lets just hope it doesn't drag on!

10. Lilazntiger

Lilazntiger Member

So far it does seem kinda interesting. Im not a fan of Myolie really. But i feel this drama has some potential. Seeing the 1st 2 episodes is enough to make me want to continue. Probably will wait compared to how i usually watch it daily.

11. angle21

angle21 Well-Known Member

Myolie's acting is too over the top to the point I find her annoying and wish she was killed off sooner, having 30+ playing women in ther early 20's is not convincing

12. Peloi

Peloi Well-Known Member

I like the bitching palace dramas but tvb have been over doing, don't like the cast, only like Jessica, so far, it's ok, going to see how it works out.

13. onni

onni Well-Known Member

wonder why 2 episodes on the first day? promoting Myolie for the Anniversary Award? Myolie's acting is always overacted.

14. ryan923

ryan923 New Member

don like Myolie because she has a factor that made ppl dislike her...moreover she not suit all in ancient series at all with her voice, her face feature and her attitude...Jessica is the best..like her so much. She is the reason i watched the show. Where else Sunny Chan only so so, no emperor feel at all. The empress is superb. Cruel yet elegant...

15. densha

densha Well-Known Member

Jessica will soon be cunning and deceptive, it will be a villian vs villain battle, i can't wait!

16. levitage

levitage Well-Known Member

very exciting concept, looks good for now, not sure if joel is evil or good from all the plots

17. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Hmm... Having watched only the first half of the first episode, I found myself so bored I went on to play Diablo2 (yes, that old dungeon crawler is still great!) and never went back to this series. I still DL the rest of the eps to burn to disk, on the outside chance that the missus may find it interesting on a later date, LOL...

As for Myolie, Jessica, Nancy, Kate, or whoever the TVB starlet du juor, they all have good points and inherent weaknesses. None are perfect, and none are so bad that I would kick her out of bed, so I guess they serve TVB's purposes, LOL...

18. ken1980

ken1980 New Member

started off boring but now when continue it worth a watch and i can't wait for watching the final eps today