EP17 - Swearing

Discussion in 'The Other Truth - 真相' started by AC0110, Jul 19, 2011.

1. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

At @3:30, one of the police officer said "Pok Guy" twice...
    Not that I give a shit but I was a bit surprised...

What's your take on it...

#1 AC0110, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Brian from K4 (Yes Sir Sorry Sir) said it too at the very beginning of the series

I think its something i haven't heard of on TVB in a long time. People swear all the time in the actual world.. so its not too bad if they add this in a series sometimes

3. w10_chi24

w10_chi24 Well-Known Member

well .. there's definitely gonna be alot of complaints coming TVB's way!

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I dont think they got complaints about saying pok guy in the early episodes.

5. oh come on pok guy is like saying bitch... they can say it on the radio!

6. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

I think they will after tonight's episode.. it involves police acting like a hak sheh wui [triad/gangster] hahaha.

7. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

but they call people 八婆 (bat poh) and 死八婆 (sei bat poh) all the time LOL and imo 仆街 (poke guy) and 八婆 (bat poh) are at the same level.

8. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

me too...add hum ga chan to that level too...its only bad if they start saying "diu" "lun" or "hai"

but so far i love this new case...

at first i thought, hey its a case where i can feel both sides...

1. Cops are pissed their brother is shot down
    2. Ray is absolute about the law, and everything should be judged in court...

finish the episode and you find out whos actually at fault (not spoiling anything)

but yeh, i think adding swears is better...i mean who the hell speaks with mannerism in the triad? Triads are supposed to be uneducated people so why are they speaking so well like upper class people =\

9. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

agreed. It makes it a bit more realistic.

10. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

come to think of it why do we care when tvb gets complains... not like they gona do anything about it lol

11. tjsye2

tjsye2 Well-Known Member

I wish TVB does not abide by the complaints of these stupid "see lai". It lowers the quality of their shows. Why the hell are these "see lai" so sensitive about everything? What part of the disclaimer: "All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental." do they not get?

12. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

And what part about television production making money that you don't get? TVB is reliant upon the hundreds of time buying sponsors (ie the advertisers) who are risk averse when it comes to public opinion. Hence, TVB can have characters say whatever they want, even POK GUY or DEAL LAY LOW MOE, but then nobody will be willing to buy air time afterwards. Then TVB would cease operations and go away. Thus, the power of the SEE LIE.

13. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

well the See Lais are irrelevant, its only if real professionals file complaints that really matters, See Lai's opinions are not professional so whatever they say are pretty much stupid

like for example, if im a doctor/cop/whatever profession and I see that TVB did something that is not right, you complain saying that, this is not how it really is

14. untrue..... see lai complaints made the trio show stop doing that balloon popping game where men sit down and females would run and jump on them, they made it same sex only.

15. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

lol ya but not like they're gona stop airing the drama after all the complains ;)

also i don't think tvb gives a shit anyway. if the c lai's care enough to complain, they will watch all tvb stuff no matter wut lols

16. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

u doin it wrong brah ish pok guy:facepalm:!!!

dang pok guy:facepalm: u famousss! add oil!

btw pok guy no bad word wor it literally means trip on the streets! how is that bad :trollface2:

17. moonlightshadow

moonlightshadow Well-Known Member

yea thats what i thought. I said to my friend "ngo tai ma lol pok guy" and he understood me lol

18. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Some people found it offensive i guess (usually the complainers). Just like calling chinese people chinks, and calling asians, gooks.....i think 99% of them will it offensive.....(not me).

19. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

AHAHAH.

They got 15 complaints on swearing. If they have like those view discretion correctly.. then it'll be no problem. Not their fault right :D But i dunno if they have it. Is it the same for every series?

20. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

don't worry about the complaints brah we support you all the way!!!