Dragon Fruit vs Kiwi

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by negiqboyz, Feb 12, 2011.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

I used to love kiwi but it's a pain to cut it cuz of its size. Dragon fruit is so much better; however, not always sweet comparing to those I had back in Asia. For some odd reasons, dragon fruits are widely available this Lunar New Year and relatively cheap .. only $3.69/lb comparing to $5.99/lb a while back. Anyone knows why that's so? I try to find "fresh" lychee and logan but failed miserably. Rambutan is widely available too; still expensive though .. $10.99/lb.

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Seasonal perhaps?

Lychee and Logan are pretty difficult to grow, hence why it is hard to find good ones/expensive

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

dragon fruits taste nasty kiwi ftw!

4. 96swong

96swong Member

I'm not sure about Dragon Fruits, but I've heard a lot about how healthy Kiwi fruits are. Kiwi fruit apparently has more vitamin c than an orange, and more potassium than a banana, and lots of other minerals and shizz. . .

For it's size, it's supposed to be one of the most nutritious fruits available. I'm not a scientist.

Also, the Dragon Fruit available in the UK generally has loads of pesticides and makes you a bit itchy. . .

5. I think i've only had Dragon Fruit once.. but I don't remember really tasting what it has to offer. Is there certain areas that grows better DF? or perhaps theres certain ways to pick a good one.

6. ch3nstar

ch3nstar Member

Dragon fruits are healthier for you than kiwi.

7. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i love both but i think dragon fruits are more healthier??

8. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I prefer Kiwi over Dragon Fruit because DF look spooky in the inside lol. However, I dislike both.

9. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

There are red and gray DF, but the red ones are a bit more expensive. I find that kiwis have more flavor than DF and it's cheaper too. I eat DF with a spoon. They are both healthy fruits.

10. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I only seen red (with those green leafy bit) df, ain't seen grey one before

11. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

You can't really compare dragon fruits to kiwis though. They are two totally different fruits.
    I remembered trying dragon fruit and i absolutely hated which is strange because i'm a fruit lover!

Only reason why the longans and the rambutans are expensive because only certain climates can grow them just like lychees. Also not everyone likes the taste of them like apples or oranges. So yeah these fruits are relatively targeted to certain people which causes the price to be sky high.
    Also I think dragon fruits are very popular to be eatten for the New Lunar Year hence why it is cheap.

12. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Dragon fruit is actually more expensive, healthy, and scarce than kiwi. You can find kiwi all seasons but not dragon fruit though.

I never heard of or seen a GREY colored df.

13. Yeah i don't like dragon fruit... kiwi's are awesome however.. and mangosteins are good too!

14. Mkpoint2

Mkpoint2 Member

dragon fruit doesnt really taste anything tho and i tried it twice, but kiwi taste more than dragon fruit

15. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

Kiwi all the way! All the dragon fruit I've had before doesn't have much taste at all so gave up on it! Kiwi takes longer to peel, I tend to chop top and bottom off and peel rest with knife, but love the flavour more.

16. Je Zh

Je Zh Active Member

I prefer Kiwi but only those that are not hard. The hard ones are very sour and hard to peel. The soft ones are usually sweeter and easy to peal.

17. vanessa333

vanessa333 Well-Known Member

kiwi for sure.....

18. huniiiiii

huniiiiii Well-Known Member

I like sweet kiwi but sometimes it can be sour, dragonfruit on the other hand is quite bland, but I do like both

19. howard.jiang

howard.jiang Member

The Korean yellowish kiwi is pretty good. But dragon fruit all the way

20. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

As far as I know, there are two varieties of dragon fruit ~ grey and red. And two varieties of kiwi ~ golden and green

Red dragon fruit tastes sweeter than the grey, and golden kiwi is sweeter than green

I'd choose kiwi over dragon fruit. More robust flavour...and it doesn't stain your lips like lipstick, unlike the red dragon fruit!