Donnie Yen and Nicholas Tse shed tears at press conference

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jun 20, 2021.

1. [​IMG]
    SHANGHAI, CHINA - JUNE 13: Actor Donnie Yen Ji-dan (L) and actor Nicholas Tse Ting-fung attend the press conference of film 'Raging Fire' during the 24th Shanghai International Film Festival on June 13, 2021 in Shanghai, China. (Photo by VCG/VCG via Getty Images)

Donnie Yen and Nicholas Tse shed tears at Raging Fire’s press conference during the 24th Shanghai International Film Festival on 14 June as the actors remembered the late director Benny Chan. The latter passed away after completing his directional duties.

At the press conference, a director's chair representing the late director was placed on centre stage. Seeing this set-up, both Yen and Tse shed tears, and their red eyes were still visible in the group photo.

Tse revealed further that he had not had the chance to participate in any action movies in recent years and jumped at the opportunity when approached to star in a film with Yen. “Donnie Yen is my idol. I watched all of his movies, and I imitated his moves, wrecking a few houses over the years,” Tse shared.

While the pair had worked together in 2006 on the movie Dragon Tiger Gate, they did not have the chance to trade blows on the movie. “He was my brother in the movie, not my opponent. I have wanted to trade blows with him to learn from him,” Tse let on.

credits: yahoo