Does anyone know anything about the five elements? or yin and yang

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by virusrx, Jul 11, 2011.

1. virusrx

virusrx Active Member

I always hear my parents telling me to drink "lurng cha" or don't eat fried food because it's "yeet hay" (hot air) or if you are "tai cho". or if you eat too much mango, it is very "yeet dok" (hot poison).

Can someone explain the philosphy of this? or if you know any sites where I can get a better understanding.
    Thank you!

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Look into something along the lines of Chinese Cleansing?

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

it's a myth. They make you think they're right and scare you to eating and doing what they want.

myth busted

4. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

but when i eat a lot of mangoes i have a tendency to get pimples.. o-o!!

5. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

its just the chin way of making ya have a balanced diet...

the fried things is true thoughhh coz i get a sore throat when i eat too muchy fried stuff =/

6. kk8283

kk8283 Member

The chinese belief is that your body is compose of Ying and Yang. Balance of Hot and Cold. You should be at balance of both to be healthy. Therefore, when you eat too much of something that is too hot (ex. fried food) which is suppose to make you yeet hay, you have to balance it out with lurng cha is suppose to cold it down. Mango is believe to be yeet dok, much like Logan berries, or Leechy which is sup yeet. All forms of hot.

All Chinese families growing up were told of these while growing up and we pass it along. Even my parents tell me the same thing all the time whenever I eat too much of something.

Hope that helps.

7. molecules32

molecules32 Member

chinese medicine focuses on the cause than treating the symptons. diet plays an important part on our health and like kk8283 mentioned, certain foods will tilt our body's balance

8. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Never really get the idea of this but I just follow what they say lol