Do you think Jin will make it big in the HK market?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by drsnoopy, Feb 12, 2007.

1. drsnoopy

drsnoopy Well-Known Member

Do you think Jin will make it big in the HK market?

Thoughts? I've heard new ABC album, and it's not bad.

2. Kazushi

Kazushi Member

i don't think he's super awesome or anything... sounds a lot like eminem in my opinion... definately something i'd download and prolly not buy -.-

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i don't think he's gona make it that big..prob better than his last album tho

4. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

i don't really think he's gonna make any difference at all. he's a good rapper and all but his Chinese is terrible. i think he should just stick to the english stuff. and i agree with kazushi, does sound a lot like eminem.

5. u-amp

u-amp Member

i don't think rapping will be to successful in HK, like look at edison, his music aint very popular, and he doesn't sound like eminem

6. drsnoopy

but jin was actually part of the 'Riders, and is awesome at freestyle competitions. His chinese isn't that bad. And...really...to compare Jin with Edison? seriously...

7. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

i reckon jin won't make himself that popular in hk... hk aint that successful with raps... it's more like calm music in hk.

8. singlung2099

singlung2099 Well-Known Member

I don't think he'll make it his new album isn't all that good

9. he's got the support over there thats for sure because he's been touring in HK pretty much and the shows were pretty much packed and he performed his english songs only!

10. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

I listened to some of his songs and some were pretty good. The one one with Daniel Wu was just awkward.
    i think his songs are a variation from the same ole cantopop. He's going to make it.

11. lazyturbo

lazyturbo Member

He might make it in the HK market, but he won't be as big as the current stars.

His chinese isn't good enough to connect with the people. And he also isn't good looking. He only has 2 or 3 good songs, so I'm going to say no.

12. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

anyone on pa gonna buy his album?

13. gk1986

gk1986 Member

His rap may be good, but they're all in english. Plus his beats aren't as catchy since it's all focused on the lyrics. He may get big with the ABC's, but he needs to go the way of Wang Lee Hom and learn better Chinese if he wants a bigger splash in Asia.

14. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

his songs were ok/good, but i dont think he will make it mainstream

hes got his usual band of loyal supporters and that niche market

15. heartcollector

heartcollector Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but this guy will always be some sort of joke in my eyes. I mean, I can take LMG seriously, but Jin seems more like a novelty act. Don't ask me why...I don't know myself.

16. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

hes still a sick freestyle rapper,
    but many people dont rate him cause his albums aint great

17. larlarlar

larlarlar Well-Known Member

Maybe only to that specific group, I doubt in general he will make it.

18. drsnoopy

wow it seems like a lot of naysayers for Jin, except for Shinobi and a few other exceptions. I think Jin has a lot of potential in the HK market, because really it's been way to long for me to wait for an album like ABC. ABC connects with people like you and me. I think there's room for Jin to become a potential HK SUPERSTAR!

19. melroseddl1

melroseddl1 Well-Known Member

He's not going to be big beacuse its the HK market. HK is not ready for the western type of music. Maybe he will get some fans in the US and other countries, but certainly not HK. Kelly chan tried it, and it failed. so she went back to her old musics style.

20. Sunjing

Sunjing Active Member

he is an ok rapper but HK is not really in to that rap as much as the US. The market for rap songs is pretty small, maybe he can help expand it...but he not that good of a rapper ^^....