Do you count calories and read nutrition labels?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by hkm91450, Jul 6, 2006.

?

Do you count calories and read nutrition labels?

1. Yes, I am hard-core crazy about it, have to look at them before buying or eating something.

23 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. Yes, but only on occassion, from time to time.

54 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. No, but I should be.

16 vote(s)
    12.4%
  4. No, who cares, I just eat whatever.

36 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Before I buy anything, I always gotta read the nutrition labels, and if something is 'too fat' for me, I don't buy it. Basically, my life is barred down by labels, numbers, and facts...

Like even at restaurants (specifically fast foods), I'll grab a nutrition facts sheet and look to find the lowest-calorie-fat and tastiest item....

Anyone else do this??

2. moor_moth

moor_moth Well-Known Member

Nope, You only live once thats my theory.

I dont care if i live only till im 30 as long as i can eat UNRESTRICTED BWAHAHAHA

but yea i reckon that if you do heaps of excercise it doesnt matter how many calories you consume....and plus i bet if you eat a whole lotta junk food your bound to get the daily nutrients that you need (I know thats probably not tru but yea what the heck.)

3. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

im only 14...

4. moor_moth

moor_moth Well-Known Member

16 years left of pure junk food consumption then die of a heart attack or sumfin

but i betchya those 16 years would be 16 years of indulgence

5. ansonfong

ansonfong Member

i read the facts but normally i dont follow exactly!! life is short...approprite of enjoy is allow i think:)

6. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

lol only if im bored I will read the back labels...

I just eat whatever although I do have that thought in the back of my head wondering if I should be eating it

7. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

too lazy to read...just buy and eat lol

8. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

lol Reading labels is very rare for me, only sometimes when i'm really bored, and if i remember it's fat then i'll eat less of it.

9. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

I read the facts whem im bored outta my mind...

10. honey_bunny

honey_bunny Active Member

it's really hard to count the calories. i only do a rough estimate. I also read the nutritional label too.

11. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

wats the point in reading the stuff...everythign is unhealthy anywayss

12. hkm91450

True true, almost everything is unhealthy these days. But at least some things aren't as bad as others.... So reading it would give you some peace of mind. :)

13. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ not even...reading it will make it even worst cause u might reconsider getting an item that may taste awesome

14. loO4la

loO4la Well-Known Member

Hey same here! -lol

15. hkm91450

Yes, you got a point there.... In the past year or two, I've missed out on many good foods b/c of reading labels and intense fear of getting fat!!

16. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

its time to catch up on wat u missed and start getting fat =) lol...well just exercise and u'll b fine

17. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

In the uk we are getting some system where they will place a colour on the product. I think its green = healthy yellow = ok red = unhealthy, no need to have to read labels any more!!! :D

I think you can tell when some foods are gonna be bad, obvioulsy fresh fruit and veg are good , but when you hit any processed foods, you know they are gonna be high in additives, salt, fat, etc. Unless they are those "healthy" selections

18. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ uk geting strict on food now ehh

19. person

person Well-Known Member

Eh no. I don't read them at all. Although when I'm bored I'll look at the label and be like, "wow! 245 calories in this? Meh, it's good."
    I gain like... a couple pounds a year only anyways... so meh. I should work out though... I'm so out of shape... lol. And yeah.

20. hkm91450

McDonald's was supposedly suppose to put nutrition labels/facts on their food products (ie. the wrappers and the boxes).

(and according to the Poll, I'm still the only one who is hard-core into the nutrition facts... probably b/c everyone here is a guy) :p