Do U think this series will win an Award?

Discussion in 'The Drive of Life - 歲月風雲' started by tien317, Sep 20, 2007.

1. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

This year is TVB's 40th Anniversary and I predict it to be very grand (as usual). I feel the competition will be intensed between Heart of Greed and Drive of Life. In your opinion who has a bigger chance?

My thoughts :

- Damien Lau deserves the Best Male Actor award. However, the young ones are more popular. Raymond Lam did quite well this time with Moses gaining support as Duk Duk Dei in HOG. Joe Ma did well for his evil role but evil roles usually wont win an award.

- Charmaine did quite well but i dont think she deserves the award. Jessica may be nominated and Linda in HOG. However, I feel Sheren Tang should be given the award for her role well played.

- Best series usually goes to high ratings drama. DOL ratings are not so well compared to HOG, Fathers and Sons, and Family Link. So i dont think it will win an award.

- Best themesong : Most possible award. Great song with great ochestra and high cost.

2. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Well I dont really agree Drive of Life will be wiping of everything.. Just because its a grand drama doesnt mean it will have a good support.... I do agree the part where Damien plays a good role..... But Raymond Lam was just mediocre in it compare to Damien(acting skill)...

Lets not forget there is Heart of Greed played by Moses Chan (Tak Tak Tei).. I think he had also done a wonderful job in the drama.... So i believe Raymond dont really stand a chance in term of acting skills.... There are still many better actors this year(Bobby Au too)..

So I wont think Drive oF life will be wiping clean the awards.... Except the votes are biased.....Since nowadays a lot of people choose blindly based on their looks and not really their acting skills

3. happii

happii Well-Known Member

maybe this series is a bit too draggy n long that y d rating isnt that good but the series is pretty overall. I Hope Myolie win something this year.

4. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Hm... this film's alright i guess. It probably would end up with an award.

5. chi_man

chi_man Well-Known Member

Drive of Life is okay, but I find Heart Of Greed a lot more interesting except for the final episode where the second decided to give up.... that was odd

6. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

DoL will probably get an award even if the series is only mediocre. The reason is that it's a collaboration between HK and China. But in terms of storyline and how the drama is, I'd say it's a typical series that is too draggy. If it was shorter, say 30-40 episodes, it can be more tense and more exciting to watch.

I beleive Moses and Linda from HoG both did very well and hope they at least one of them will win an award. While in DoL, I'd say Joe is doing pretty good but evil characters rarely win awards because they aren't liked. Also Damien is pretty good because he's experienced.

7. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

i like the drama so far...but Heart of Greed was also really good...so i dunno...

8. ray89

ray89 Well-Known Member

jjoe's biggest chance to win something... i think it was during hotel series wit ron and kenix or w/e in DOL hes not that great altho its kewl to watch those evil ppl... but if u say sweep... i'm goin wit HOG and not the young actors/actress i'm goin with the experienced actors/actress taking it all

this grand production was such a drag... and it didnt get to the point unlike HOG damn it was awsome to watch every day HOG > DOL for sure... mark my word... HOG taking it all... nothing else seems as good rite now...

9. qoo2828

qoo2828 Well-Known Member

HOG = wanted to watch everyday plus EVERYONE had decent or good acting... especially duk duk dei...

DOL = waiting for it to be good.. lol some ppl have good acting like ngai teen hung guy or the other old people.... but who cares? ppl already expect them to do good so they wont win anyhting.. but raymond might get one... not b/c hes good but b/c hes better than expected.....

only people that will get an award is ppl that do betetr than what was expected..... thats why usually none of the old guys win.... cause if they act well its "normal" lol

10. -ak47-

-ak47- Active Member

Im sure DOL will at least get a few awards...since its a very big production....

*** interesting topic btw :)

11. kutie123

kutie123 Member

I am also sure it will get a few awards it is a pretty big serie and big project

12. tamagodaisuki

I kinda doubt this drama will receive an award b/c many ppl like other dramas more such as fathers & sons

13. ray89

ray89 Well-Known Member

i sooooooooooooo agree wit u on that... i dont care how big the production is but there were a few better ones... father and son was kewl but the ending didnt realli make sense...

the recent one "steps" it kinda got me about dancing... lol dance seems kewl... its not a sisy thing ne more AHAHHA

14. qoo2828

qoo2828 Well-Known Member

tru... steps is surprisingly pretty decent lol

15. who knows... maybe the ending will surprise everyone and it will end off brilliantly ...but as of right now (ep50) this series is average at best...the acting has been pretty average too which surprising because of the huge all-star cast.

Right now this series does not deserve a award.... maybe a acting nomination for raymond :p (yea.. im biased) :)

16. lilchan92

lilchan92 Well-Known Member

Since it is such a big series i think i might get an award most of the acting in this is pretty good but i have to say this series gets pretty boring after a while

17. azndemon228

azndemon228 Member

i'll have to agree with the above...i think the show is getting a little long and tiresome......... something needs to happen already and get to something new..

18. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

nope! i think heart of greed will win most of them. They have great cast, great story line, great songs, great everything!

19. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

hah. it has to get an award or the all-star cast woulda been for nothin'! so with that said, it might get a few awards. it can't be that bad.

20. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Depends on the type of award. It might get something like be collaboration or something. But the general public has shown that the plot is weaker than HoG [from ratings].