Dicky Cheung to Film "Journey to the West" in Hollywood?

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Maverick, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Dicky Cheung to Film "Journey to the West" in Hollywood?
    [​IMG]

Dicky Cheung Wai Kin will be filming Wong Jing's remake of "Wong Fei Hung." Numerous jokes are to be expected!
    Since Wong Jing joined See Corporation Ltd., he has produced numerous projects. Wong Jing will be filming a remake of "Wong Fei Hung," starring Dicky Cheung Wai Kin, Alice Chan Wai, Annie Man Chung Han, Lam Chi Chung, Leung Man Yee, and Lee Si Pui. Dicky will be playing the title character, Wong Fei Hung.

Dicky will be entangled in a romantic triangle with Annie Man and Alice Chan. Dicky will likely add his trademark humor when playing the famous folk hero, Wong Fei Hung.
    Lam Chi Chung will play Chu Yuk Wing and Cheung Ka Lun will play Ga Chat So.
    Also, rumors have circulated in China that Hollywood's Columbia Pictures was interested in casting Dicky in an international version of "Journey to the West." Source: the Sun

2. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Another Journey to the West? how many journeys is he taking?

3. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

he has his trademark humor in all movies...and i kind of getting bored with those...

4. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

lol i swear i've seen cartoon versions of 'journey to the west'..

5. dragopyre

dragopyre Well-Known Member

yeah I seen it too. actually there mores than one.

6. no one can play the monkey king like dicky!!! but dicky in hollywood? i bet he doesn't even know english <_<

7. Wickedess

Wickedess New Member

can't wait, always a fan of his work

8. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

um..if he really goes to hollywood....he definitly needs to improve on is english...lol

9. monkiesxrule

monkiesxrule Well-Known Member

wow!! Dicky in Hollywood! finally some news about him!! i was wondering where he went. plus finally some news about Annie too! i was also wonder where she went after she left TVB.

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

I still remember "monkey magic" ha. but haven't really seen dicky in much movies at all, hope he doesn't keep the persona he developed since duke of mount deer cause he been acting the same in every movie he did after that one and it got boring, and i don't hope to see him in another journey to the west lol, he's getting too old for the role.

11. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

you mean the chinese version or japanese anime? the chinese version is hell old...i remember watching it during chinese new year...i don't know if it's the one you've seen...the japanese version is saiyuki..

12. weedpeach

weedpeach Well-Known Member

OMG i cant wait for this to show!! but most likely i think they're gonna film it in chinese then dub it to english and show them in theaters. that's what they did for the curse of the golden flower right??
    i really really can't wait for this to show since alice chan is gonna be in this movie

13. machwnor

machwnor Well-Known Member

dicky will be a perfect choice to play the monkey since...he acted well in the last two monkey series

14. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^ the 2nd one he acted one sucked BIG time, and his love interest as one of the twins wtf.......ruined monkey king traditional story line and made it worst............

15. xng

xng Member

he's not doing 'journey to hte west' as monkey king but doing a movie on 'wong fei hung'.

16. weedpeach

weedpeach Well-Known Member

really?? but i think so too, since jackie chan and jet li are making a journey to the west and jet li is gonna be monkey king. :(

17. darkangel91

darkangel91 Member

LOl wow! Dicky in Hollywood! yay another JOurney!-clapclap

18. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

journey to hollywood =p.........i don't see this happening

19. XDTP

XDTP Well-Known Member

Well, if its anyone being monkey for Journey to the West, I'm glad its Dicky. He is/was/will always be the best Monkey King. He has the charisma for the character.

20. Afa

Afa Well-Known Member

dicky's the monkey.. again :p:p:p
    if they decide on the project... theirs alrdy a Journey to the West Hollywood movie... Forbbiden Kingdom... so i really dont see it happening too soon...

but him as Wong Fei Hung... hhmmm... then its not going to be a serious movie right... aww... Jet Li as Fei Hung is the classics
    can Dicky fight???

EDIT: oh just checked who Wong Jing is... just a HK version of Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, the idiots with their year after year of spoof movies
    i have very low expectation from the Wong Fei Hung movie now...

semi un related.. best Wong Fei Hung Fight
    [youtube]xp5-d7dR6Zg[/youtube]

#20 Afa, Feb 25, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008