Diablo III: MAY 15th!!!!!! EVIL RISES!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Tony, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Tons of info everywhere

www.diablofans.com
    www.kotaku.com
    http://diablo.incgamers.com

Cliff notes:
    real money auction house and in-game currency auction house
    they will use 3rd party transactions for it, you can funnel real money in and out
    hardcore and softcore will have separate auction houses, as will regions and countries.

Time to make a little extra cash off D3-tongue2

#1 Tony, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

3. Damn D3... Damn blizzard... when the @#$@# is it going to be out... talk and talk and talked about it for soooooooo long now

4. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Online requirement no biggie if you've played Starcraft or Warcraft

I don't fully understand why people are up in arms about it.

The ONLY thing that worries me is.. disconnections = dead hardcore character.

5. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

The thing people are angry about is the fact that you buy a game you should have full access too, but are prohibited to use it during power outages, trips or during a period of unstable connection. Personally I dislike any form of always online DRM, but it's not normally a complete deal breaker for me.

What I meant before was that I never got into Diablo 2 so I'm not that excited about this release :p

6. Dh_135

Dh_135 Well-Known Member

Never played D1 or D2, but I am honestly looking forward to this.

I watched the trailer (Korean version with that women's voice is so sexy, lol), class videos, and some PV vids and they all look really epic.

Beta beta beta!!

7. hate those money store bullshit.. this gonna be like tf2 all over again..

I was thinking about jumping on this too

8. setshiro

setshiro Well-Known Member

haha you know you'll buy it anyways...now i can make money legally off of diablo lol

9. lol not getting it unless it's no sale now!

10. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

let me get at that d3 train.

11. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

fucking hate blizzard. They keep promoting D3, but where the fuck is the game? I hate companies that put out teasers when the game isnt going to be out in the next year or five. They're basically pissing fans off (i'm sure 95% of them). Starcraft 2 was retarded also (not the campaign)...no LAN, why in the holy blue hell not? You see, i pretty much gave up on waiting for the SCII expansion packs, whether they come the fuck out or not, i dont really give a shit, but D3 HAS TO COME OUT, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure it doesnt take THAT long to make a legit and a great game. Beside, how long have we've been waiting on SCII? It wasnt THAT good to begin with (beside the campaign)..... I 'usually' hate bitching....but this is well worth it.

12. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

It's not a money store, it's player to player via real money or gold from the game itself.

You basically can use the money to insert into blizzard store credit to purchase their other stuff or cash out with a 3rd party like Paypal or something.

The online DRM is good for scanning bots and hackers. You definitely don't want stuff like that lingering around when there's real money involved with the real money Auction house, which is separate from the gold one.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to it. The beta is only a small portion of the first act on normal, so you can keep replaying it and just give some feedback. I wanna get in and just see how the stuff runs and looks on my computer. It's been so long I ran anything that's newer than World of Warcraft.

13. Dh_135

Dh_135 Well-Known Member

Ah yes, lots of disappointed fans and I feel like Blizzard are about to lose lots and lots of customers (and the ones that fully don't give a shit anymore) after a bunch of D3 info was released.

Apparently you can only play the game online and there's no offline mode.. which I guess is pretty stupid on their part. But I reckon they're trying to limit the amount of mods and shit by doing this (correct errors from D2). No release date for the beta is just fucking frustrating for those guys eager to play the game. Damn teasers and shit are like 1 - 2 years old now.... They're hoping for a release date this year.. but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out summer 2012...

14. Peloi

Peloi Well-Known Member

This stink, I have always played offline mode, going to cancel my pre order and wait and see.

15. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Recorded a little bit of gameplay footage. It's a little choppy here and there because I had the wrong settings.

[video=youtube;ZcfsPkUY6Yk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcfsPkUY6Yk[/video]

16. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

If it ain't got single player off line ability, then I'm never going to play it as I don't ever go on line. Nice graphics though; I wish they would port the same graphics into the original D1 & D2 games for us old timers to play again, but with new eye candy.

17. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

another way for scammers and hackers to make money and hardcore fellows...

18. Hairbear

Hairbear Well-Known Member

apparently its pay per month. :/

anyways. i remember d1, as my cousin played it and i spent hours watching.

19. ^play per month? ewww.... got my hopes up thinking it was like the original Diablo =_=

20. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Where did you hear about it having a monthly subscription?