‘Dear Douchebag Bike Thief': Student’s hilarious letter to bike thief goes viral

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Phoenix, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

[​IMG]
    ‘I know where you live': The bike was fitted with a tracking system (Picture: Giant)

A student whose bike was stolen looks like they’ll be having the last laugh after writing a hilarious letter to the thief politely informing him that the bike has a tracker.

Bike tech company Blaze tweeted ‘this must have been the best feeling ever’ accompanied by the note, in which the theft victim cheerfully threatens the thief with a visit from her ‘majesty’s finest.’

Addressed ‘DEAR DOUCHEBAG THIEF’ the brazen note informs the thief that their face was caught on CCTV at the station and that a tracer was installed inside the bike frame after it was stolen in the past.

‘I know where you live,’ the writer goes on.
    Bul6ENhIcAE-og0.jpg

‘Please dear bike thief, don’t take this as a threat. I’m sure you had your reasons.

‘I just want my bike back.’

Describing themselves as ‘the poor student with no money, but a working printer’, they helpfully add that if the thief has taken multiple bikes, theirs is the grey Giant model.

Between the GPS tracker and the CCTV footage, it looks unlikely the thief will get away with their crime.

Let’s hope they heed the advice.
    source: metro.

~~~~~
    LOL, i do hope he gets his bike back, i'll be on the lookout to see if there's a follow up to this lol..
    Although i'm pretty sure we've had similar stories like this before, but first one to include a tracker within the bike XD

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Clever of him!

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

More people seem to have a GPS in their bikes these days. I seen kids trying to take even a shitty old bike so if you leave a nice one out, better have a solid chain as well to begin with. For this case, it some be simple enough to just get the police on it ASAP before this thief does anything malice to the bike.

4. skoo78

skoo78 Active Member

I've heard if this a while back. I wondered if he ever got his bike back.