Daily Skincare Routine

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by 1serenity, May 9, 2013.

1. 1serenity

1serenity Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    1st step to my daily skincare routine is face wash! It is important to remove all the dirt and oil from your skin to keep it healthy and clean. So, remember to wash your face in the morning and at night! Cleanse in the morning to wash off everything that accumulated overnight and give yourself a fresh start in the morning. Then at night, after a long day, make sure you get rid of all the dirt you built up from being outside and also the chemicals you’ve had on your face all day from your makeup and/or sun block. I don’t have a particular preference for brand, but I do like using a foaming/cream cleanser, it gives me a refreshing feeling after. For those who have oily skin, cream cleansers work best! For people with dry skin, try a gel cleanser.
    [​IMG]
    2nd step, which is the next very important step; applying toner! Whether you have dry skin, normal skin or oily skin, toner is a must because it helps you absorb your skincare. I didn’t start using toner until 2-3 years ago and I have noticed how well it actually helped my skin. I always had this fear that it would dry up my skin whenever I applied it. I hadn’t realized what it really did until I was taught such a wonderful lesson. Toner actually helps with tightening your skin, that’s probably why I thought it felt dry. Toner also helps with oiliness, so for those who have oily skin, this will be your next best friend! Apply more to the spots that are more oily and it will help control it a bit. For those who have dry skin, apply a lesser amount.

[​IMG]
    3rd step to my daily skincare routine is eye cream! Something I cannot live without, because I am overly obsessive over the little wrinkles under my eyes. This step can be omitted if you are not so crazy over your eyes. But for girls, I am sure it is a must in their daily routines. It helps moisturize and reduce bags and dark circles. Or so they claim, but only those who are dedicated into applying it every night and day would know. Best results are putting it in the fridge! Not to preserve it, but to make it cold so it will help with reducing the puffiness!
    [​IMG]
    Final step, the face cream. Let’s admit it, everyone needs face cream. Dry skin, normal skin or oily skin, you need something to keep your skin well hydrated and healthy. Now it only depends on which type you need. If you’re not sure which you need, the safest route is to get a gel-based moisturizer. Gel creams are light, best for oily skin, but for those who have dry skin, just apply a more generous amount.
    Other than doing my weekly scrubs and masks, this is my general daily skincare routine. It’s probably a lot of peoples’ daily skincare routines, with or without the eye cream. It has helped me with keeping my skin healthy and soft. In the end, what really counts is if your goal has been achieved.

What is your daily skincare routine?

view my original post here: http://beautycrave.com/?p=124

2. g0dslay3r

g0dslay3r Member

I use Shiseido Men's cleansing foam,deep cleansing scrub, and total revitalizer.

The cleansing foam I use daily. Don't really know how well it works but it does make my face have a sort of shiny surface

The deep cleansing scrub I use twice a week but stopped after I finished the bottle since it didn't really help with the black heads on my nose.

The revitalizer really helps out in winter when my face gets dry.

I recently started using Anthony Logistics for Men Deep Pore Cleansing Clay. Going to use it some more before I think about whether I should drop it.

3. spech

spech Well-Known Member

I keep switching around my beauty routine. Right now I'm into a lot of different vitamin C products. I'm currently using the Body Shop Vit C serum, but I don't really like the scent and consistency right now. I'm going to go back to using Ole Henrikson. I'm also experimenting with various eye creams (to get rid of the bags) but so far I haven't found anything that works. As for cleanser, I'm alternating between Pears soap, Cetaphil and something by Bliss (can't remember the name).

4. 1serenity

Try using an Asian scrub. It actually peels of dead skin and it helps with black heads.

5. 1serenity

How well are the vit c products?
    Have you tried putting your eye cream into the fridge and making it cold? the cold will help tighten your skin, see if that will help with your bags!