Costumes and Hairs

Discussion in 'Beyond The Realm Of Conscience - 宮心計' started by negiqboyz, Oct 21, 2009.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

anyone noticed that they're all WRONG and MIXED up with different dynasty .. i dunno which is which .. lol

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

heard they did, but it's not suppose to be accurate said by high executives.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

not really no, i havent noticed but its really pretty though...

4. zhou

zhou Well-Known Member

the coustomes r ok but the hair is so bad

5. llhm87

llhm87 Well-Known Member

I pity the empress hair... She must be suffering with that kind of hair. Like receiver. LOL

6. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

huh? def not Qing nor Yuan lolsz, its fine, no one really seems to care much

7. negiqboyz

well .. the costumes are beautiful .. no doubt .. that's why i noticed it .. i agreed the hairs are BAD .. tavia's hair looks japanese .. lol

8. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

lol talking about hair...susanna's hair style before she became the 'boss of her jewellery house' looked like pigtails lol....a cute hairstyle but didnt suit her lol

9. blu_karrot

blu_karrot Member

LOL I think that was an attempt to make her look young. Attempt... fail. I agree haha.

but other than that... the costumes are BEAUTIFUL. I had no idea they were from a different era though... that sucks. However, I'm really glad TVB outdid themselves. I was starting to get disappointed by the quality of their dramas....

I'm impartial about the hair. It looks good on some of the ladies who can pull it off I think.

All in all, everything looks amazing! The costume, backdrop.... it's like a feast of colour for the eyes. I love how they get into detail about making clothes and jewelery for the empress and stuff! It's fascinatingggg.

10. hiyoo

hiyoo Well-Known Member

edit: zzz

#10 hiyoo, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  11. whitenight

whitenight Well-Known Member

Don't really care if the costumes and hair are in the wrong era. Haven't seen a series with such elaborate costumes and hair for some time so it's nice to see something new. I too was starting to question TVB's ability to produce a quality series but this series has been worth the wait so far.

12. negiqboyz

seriously though .. i was more mesmerized and intrigued by the beautiful costumes than the story itself... lol

13. kawaiigirl

kawaiigirl Well-Known Member

I really like those costumes and hairs, it's like something new. Not following the old traditionnal fashion.

14. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

The costumes are very beautiful, and the head gears are crazily amazing and it looks really heavy...lol

15. lanlu

lanlu Member

I dont know whether they have accurate costumes or hairs but I feel bad for the actresses that they have heavy hair but all of them looks so nice. I think Tavia has heavier hair as an empress than Charmaine in the fight of episode 1.

16. square

square Member

I love the costumes they looks so well made and vibrant colours. But the hair! It looks so over the top, is it meant to be like that?

When I first saw the King’s mother hair in the second period with an arch type hair I was like wow!!

17. negiqboyz

yup .. it's amazing that these ladies were able to walk around and chat like normal as if nothing was on their head .. lol

18. tea.funny

tea.funny Member

the hair looks incredible and even the make-up tavia and charmaine have as empresses is quite modern. They've mixed up stuff for costumes but it looks nice so I don't mind.

19. tamagodaisuki

it seems the higher status a person is, the more hair she'll have to hold more hair accessories. looking at 太皇太后's hair, not only does it look heavy, it makes me wonder how much of the hair is real.

20. Sponge_bob

Sponge_bob Well-Known Member

太皇太后 hair look damn funny . I cant stop laughing whenever i saw her hair , like those big antenna . LOL