Computer Architecture

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by dom88_rx7, Oct 11, 2010.

1. dom88_rx7

dom88_rx7 Well-Known Member

Q1
    Analyse the important architectural features of supercomputers of currently ranked 14 against the currently second ranked supercomputer, and justify the rankings given:
    2 National Supercomputing Centre in Shenzhen (NSCS)
    China Nebulae - Dawning TC3600 Blade, Intel X5650, NVidia Tesla C2050 GPU
    Dawning
    14 Forschungszentrum Juelich (FZJ)
    Sun Constellation, NovaScale R422-E2, Intel Xeon X5570, 2.93 GHz, Sun M9/Mellanox QDR Infiniband/Partec Parastation

Q2
    Design your own supercomputer which can beat the current top ranking, by using available components and devices. Estimate its performance and operating conditions and justify why it is better than the current top ranking supercomputer.

Where can i find the info on this?

2. ... design your own supercomputer which can beat the current top ranking supercomputer.......

am i understanding this question correctly? are you supposed to design a supercomputer that beats the supercomputer designed by countless PhDs and years and years of research?

3. dom88_rx7

yup. when i first c tis assignment question,i was like wat the heck? but hv to just accept the fact n do it. i need HELP!!!

4. so did you build this super computer?

5. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

did something like this a while back. with linux clustering though.

6. dom88_rx7

no,just a theoretical view of it. sent in the report dy. my report mostly based on Cray XT-6