CNN interviews music-talent Leehom Wang

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by shinobi, Jun 14, 2006.

1. [​IMG]
    Saturday 10 June, 2006 Taiwan

America's cable channel CNN (Talk Asia) recently aired an interview with Taiwan pop star Wang Li Hong (Leehom). Besides talking about some of his ideas and comments about producing music, Leehom also talked about how the media does not respect people's privacy. He stated that the media could even go as far as going online to look through someone's blog and use it as a headline for gossip in a newspaper article. He said that this action is very irresponsible.

In this episode of CNN Talk Asia, it first started with a breif background of Leehom growing up and introduced how he stepped onto the road of music and ending up as being one of Asia's top celebrities.

Leehom, who produces and writes his own music and participated in several big-budgeted films, also invented a new music style which incorporated ancient Chinese music into modern hip-hop music, and called this new genre "chinked-out."

Although Leehom had recorded many English singles, he still believes that there are many new discoveries in Chinese music that he has not experienced and met. He will not be planning to have an English album, at least not at the moment.

About the media having no respect for an artist's privacy, Leehom particularly pointed at many journalists, saying that he was very disappointed at the way how they could use the information in online blogs as headlines for a newspaper article.

Leehom also exposed that he is currently writing a Chinese musical. He hopes that Asia's pop culture could transform into more than just music.

CNN Talk Asia Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=l3Cl4VSTXsw
    CNN Talk Asia Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zk2vTkPo7P0
    CNN Talk Asia Part 3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5CaegHEhEzo

credits yahootaiwan, Mei Lee Blog, asianfanatics.

#1 shinobi, Jun 14, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  2. the chai

the chai Member

He is so talented!! I got all his album!!

3. phucker

phucker Active Member

very smart guy

4. mchotdogman

mchotdogman New Member

wang leehom is the man. He s so gud at everything

5. mchotdogman

mchotdogman New Member

dam the youtube videos have been removed. is there any other way i can see it?

6. korx

korx Well-Known Member

ahhh I think you girls just think he's cute. That's his talent haha but I like his Chinese Opera album. Very original.

7. dot

dot Well-Known Member

thats a very good pic of him :)

8. Charm&Rub

Charm&Rub Member

No luck for me, the youtube doesn't work...I think the uploader had removed the clips...it's sad...i don't understand any chinese...and it's a rare chance to see Leehom speak English for a lengthen interview...

9. rsdl_michelle

rsdl_michelle Member

woot leehom!!!!! all the way ^^
    is he the first taiwanese/hong kong star on cnn? skills =)

10. green8

green8 Well-Known Member

he's cool, i like him. i think he's been around for awhile cuz i found some random songs by him on my old pc. -cool2

11. nivlek

nivlek Member

wow leehom hell b mo awesome. love his albums

12. Rikayla

Rikayla Active Member

You're awesome. Thanks for this~ Hope he spoke English. XDD

Edit: Oh damn, the videos got deleted. Anyone know where I can download it?

#12 Rikayla, Jun 10, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  13. JinnyJin

JinnyJin Member

aww man...its removed....and i wanted to watch wang lee hom speak english too =)

14. kianu

kianu Well-Known Member

wow.....I'm so proud of him..He is a music talent

15. Sahmushie

Sahmushie Member

I love Leehom! TT_TT I want to listen to his new album....!!! D: Can't wait any longer. TT_TT

16. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

saw this a long time ago but very enjoyable. he's got a sexy new york accent. well, he's just sexy. damn smart boy. LOVE him. counting the days till his new album is out. especially looking forward to this one cause he's gone back to making music without the intent to make himself black.

17. ccc123ccc

ccc123ccc Member

interesting..

18. minidee

minidee Well-Known Member

I think i've watched this. Lee hom seems like such a nice and humble dude. All the best to him!

19. Wilcol

Wilcol Member

he is such a great singer..d new album has a lot of new element in it..nice one ya..
    good album..

20. tricky7_

tricky7_ Well-Known Member

Are there any other links, because those at youtube have been deleted "due to terms of use violation". :(