Chinese rock music advice please!!

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Manchog ^_^, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Manchog ^_^

Manchog ^_^ Member

Heya! I was just wondering what rock artists/bands are really awesome at the moment. Seen as I live in UK I don't know many bands. I really love Beyond though! Just wondering if there are any bands similar to Beyond, or if there are new bands that have made the same kind of impact on music listeners!

Thankies y'all!! ^_^ -rockon

2. Nah man, no one will ever be like Beyond. I like Endy, he's cool. But I don't think that there's much good chinese rock like Beyond.

3. nga

nga Member

never had a thing with chinese rock songs, but beyond is amazing... some nicholas tse is alright... hes a rocker, right?

4. wuzixi

wuzixi Active Member

Cherry boom -they rock

5. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

David Tao (Tao Ze) from Taiwan is uber good artist, I ain't 100% sure if ALL his music is rock though.

6. joycesays

joycesays Well-Known Member

not sure if there are any mainstream chinese rock bands right now but check out the hk indie scene. its pretty decent. zarahn is the closest thing to chinese rock that i can think of.

7. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

David Tao is pop too

8. heartcollector

heartcollector Well-Known Member

Zarahn is one of the worst bands in the world - avoid at all costs.

The underground scene in China is huge though, many great bands. Head over to the Chinese section of asiafinest.com, and search for Chinese rock. They have lots of bands over there.

9. SanGai

SanGai Well-Known Member

Qiu Hong is my favorite HK band currently. I seriously consider their album to be one of the best of 2006. I think their album is up in the download section. Anodize is also good, but since they've disbanded, their stuff might be hard to find.

10. taimaishuzzzz

taimaishuzzzz Member

Tai-Chi, Danny Summer, Paul Wong, Wu Bai, 阿弟仔, 齐秦, 何超仪, those are my favorites at the moment along with early Beyond. Tai-Chi is god to me.