Chinese Movies Vs Korean Movies

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by hadouken, Nov 5, 2005.

1. how do u guys compare? i personally these days find Korean movies more meaningful in terms of plots and direction, it seems to me Hong Kong movies are out of control with outrageous plots and most of them end up without any real story. My votes are for Korean movies right now.

2. lol i dont watch much jap/kor movies cause i dont understand it and i get lazy reading subs -_- i prefer chinese movies but yea... there isnt much good ones from china these days. but meh....sassy girl was a good korean movie T_T

3. popalopa

popalopa Well-Known Member

You are right, but sometimes you don't really want a meaningful story. Sometimes I find korean movies extremly boring cause there is not a lot of action. The romantic korean movies are one of the best one but I also love chinese movies because of the colors and choice of plans. Well , I love them both even if I would tend to like chinese movies better.

4. asianbabyy

asianbabyy Member

hmm i think they both are really good .. but some chinese movies are pretty lame .. it looks like they rushed it . =)

5. signupmember

signupmember Member

I was just thinking the same thing...HK movies are just too outrageous, there's no plot, they just release any crap as long as it has a few stars in it and hope that it does well. No wonder 2005 was the worst yr for film revenues in HK. I agree Korean movies just seem to have a certain way of telling a story...which is refreshing, funny and romantic!

6. renegade_cash

renegade_cash Well-Known Member

i like korean romance/comedies i dunno they're jus good... chinese for comedies... but both rather sucking lately in all other fields

7. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

I like Chinese triad films, but I like Korean romantic films. I like comedies by both. But overall, I'm still a Chinese movie fan :p. I like the actors more because I've practically grown up watching them my whole life. Korean actors are okay, but I think there are more good looking girls than there are guys, so bleh...lol

8. tamagodaisuki

i choose korean movies. chinese movies back in the past were so much better. now it's like the directors/writers can't think of any good stories - the movies aren't creative, original or funny anymore.

9. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

Im aiming towards Korean movies and even Japanese movies over HK movies. I think HK puts out a bunch of crap with ridiculous storylines and dumb humor. There are only a hand full of HK directors who are capable of putting together a decent movie and johnie To is one of them. I do prefer the actors in Hk movies because like what Mint T said I also grew up with these actors. You could never go wrong with a Andy Lau movie. Some of the comedies lately are really bad. Have u seen Shopaholics and My Kungfu sweetheart? What kind of crap is that? and dont get me started with A Chinese Tall story. The last decent HK movie I saw was The Fearless. Personally I think HK is just running out of good ideas. They got to get some more creative people in the industry.

10. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

korean is good for romance, chinese these days just chat shit in them, but some of them are quite funny. i reckon chinese films are more interesting than the movies. Korean movies are boring sometimes.

11. YeeSun

YeeSun Active Member

I'v never watch korean movie's but now i see that korean movie's are very populare i really want to see it. But i don't understand it, can't read chinese and englisch i don't always understand because I'm from holland. But i have to say i don't like watch chinese movie's because the storyline is very weird! And the end is always soo dumb! I prefer American movies..=)

12. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i haven't had the chance to watch any korean movies but i heard that they are good. i don't know but i have to say not all chinese movies are great but some are really good but i can't vote at the moment unless i get the chance to watch those korean movies.

13. Soler

Soler Member

Even though Chinese movie quality has dropped off, i still prefer them over Korean movies. It's just that Chinese movies tackle a broader scope of topics and themes as opposed to korean ones, which focus solely on romance.

14. QueEnAngeL

QueEnAngeL Member

hmm.. i dont have preference.. if the movie's good then it's good... doesnt matter if it's korean or chinese.. i watch both~ huhu

15. YukTing

YukTing Member

I like them both, but I think I would chose for korean movies =)

16. abbyprincess

abbyprincess Member

I like both Korean &HK movies :) some are really good.

17. leehkfan

leehkfan Well-Known Member

ive always loved Chinese movies the most, comedy, horror, and action are my favourite genres. Chinese movies do action and comedy very well, but I think korean movies are better when it comes to horror. I cant think of any good recent chinese horrors.

18. EvaxTvxQ

EvaxTvxQ Well-Known Member

lol..hahaha i agree too but i like those traditional chinese movies, like iono maybe its because they can get so corny with romantic parts...but i LOVE KOREAN MOVIES!!!...so i prefer korean movies over chinese movies even when i'm chinese haha >.>

19. Japen

Japen Active Member

I love Chinese Movies. But i like some Korean love storys

20. dieu25

dieu25 Well-Known Member

chinese movies cuz i dunno any korean so i dun wanna read sub-titles