China to have 800 missiles in 2006

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by KrAznGirl, Nov 19, 2005.

1. KrAznGirl

KrAznGirl Well-Known Member

TAIPEI: The number of Chinese ballistic missiles targeting Taiwan is expected to reach at least 800 next year, the island’s defense minister Lee Jye said Wednesday. The People’s Liberation Army currently has 700 ballistic missiles deployed opposite Taiwan, Lee said in his first report to the new session of parliament.

“The number is estimated to increase to 800 next year,” Lee warned in a call for support of a new 480 billion Taiwan dollar (15.24 billion US) arms package aimed at deterring China. His report came one day after Taipei lodged what one senior Taiwanese official called “the strongest protest” against “threats resorting to violent means” by China, which on Tuesday outlined an anti-secession law aimed at Taiwan. Beijing reiterated it was prepared to use force to bring the island to heel but only after all other avenues are exhausted. The alternative to force was peaceful reunification using the one country, two systems model adopted by Hong Kong, according to Wang Zhaoguo, vice chairman of the National People’s Congress, or parliament. Beijing on Friday announced it would boost military spending 12.6 percent this year to 247.7 billion yuan (29.9 billion dollars).

‘Solemn mission’: China on Wednesday ignored a US call for it to rethink a law that provides a legal basis for military action against Taiwan, telling lawmakers it was their “solemn mission” to pass the legislation. “Formulating the anti-secession law is a major event in China’s political life,” top legislater Wu Bangguo said at the National People’s Congress, China’s annual sitting of parliament. “The national legislature is sure to fulfill the solemn mission to do a good job in enacting the anti-secession law.” The text of the draft, published Wednesday by Taiwan’s United Daily News, calls for the use of “non-peaceful means and other necessary measures to protect China’s sovereignty and territorial integrity,” if all else fails. afp

http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_10-3-2005_pg4_8

2. ya tahts right... dont mess with china... biatch! :rl:

3. TvbAddict

TvbAddict Well-Known Member

they are probably going to invade Taiwan and the U.S.A as allies are supposed to help but really i don't think they would dare help becuase that'll start a major war so basiclly im guessing Taiwan is on their own.

4. sumizome

sumizome Guest

China just got the US trust a few decades ago, I have a feeling they won't bother US just yet. Taiwan is of course dead piece of crap! I just don't understsnd why 800!!!!

Start praying crap, and us americans will worry about our freak'n debt with china, that I will be working for for freakn 40 years! BAD U.S.! :spank:

5. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

the US most likely wont help Taiwan and China wont attack the US either; they both have economic ties and having a war will hurt both countries economically.

I doubt those missles will be used.. just a way to scare the TIers into submission, which i think they should; Taiwan in history has always been a part of China, dont know whats up with all this sovereignty bullshit thats occurring in taiwan.

6. sir_denster

sir_denster Well-Known Member

Crap. Whether or not the missiles will be used, doesn't that seem to be an extreme waste?

7. brownishmarker

brownishmarker Well-Known Member

lol well so many of the areas around china are supposedly under chinese rule but come on now china wouldnt bomb taiwan i dont think and if they did they some crazy mofos for bomben there own... if only canada had hell 100 missles, we could take it to quebec... same concept really Oo ...

8. Jerjai

Jerjai Well-Known Member

don't bomb Taiwan, i want taiwanese music and drama

9. Fobstar

Fobstar Guest

all your base are belong to china!

anyways i think china is serious about it, and it'll happen and no1's gonna stop them even if it's bad pr.

10. fallengod

fallengod Guest

i don't think there is anything the US can do to stop a attack on taiwan... becouse with china force and how the chinese people fight war though history. the "war" would likey be a over night war. china rushing 1 million foot solder in after destorying the chain of command all within the hour.the US would't know what happen before china flag is all over taiwan.

with 800 missiles i bet that they are all pointed at "point of intrest"

11. TvbAddict

TvbAddict Well-Known Member

they've had about 3 generations telling them they are not chinese but taiwanese so i can see why they don't count themselves a part of china.

there is no way the U.S will help Taiwan even though they are allies becuase that would trigger the allies effect, china being allies with Russia will automatically be at war with the U.S and so on.

the Most the Americans will do is send small troops or aid them with supplies. You know China, communisim and lots of brainwash they will get at Taiwan sooner or later. It really kicks you in the butt say a city in your country broke away and formed their own country, take Quebec breaking away from Canada or L.A or New York looking for independance and forming their own Country.

12. Panda

Panda Well-Known Member

Communism is almost non-existant in today's China, apart from the official name. Taiwan is, and has always been part of China. 98% of Taiwanese are Chinese, so yeah, separation is a no-no >D

13. KrAznGirl

poor taiwan

14. Feral

Feral Well-Known Member

I hope this doesn't end up being a war between Taiwan and China, its kind of stupid having a war with people of the same heritage.

15. KrAznGirl

happens all the time, its always between your own race/contry

16. bluewater123

bluewater123 Member

yea, thats true... kinda sad though

17. Cathy_Wong

Cathy_Wong Guest

the more the better..dont mess with china

18. Kayan

Kayan Member

19. qpower

qpower Well-Known Member

what the hell they going to do with 800 missles???

20. aznrice

aznrice Well-Known Member

in later life earth will probably explode with such
    as this that kept going -shock