Charmaine Sheh has the Biggest Advantage after Gigi Lai leaves

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by candy10013, Oct 23, 2008.

1. candy10013

candy10013 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Its often been rumoured that Charmaine Sheh and Gigi Lai have been enemies for many years. Both of them are the most popular FaDans in TVB,and the popularities of the both actress are unmatched. Gigi Lai has once defeated Charmaine Sheh during year 2004 in the TVB anniversary awards and got gained the title of "Television Queen" from Charmaine Sheh's hands. Until year 2006 Charmaine has regained the "Queen" title again from Gigi.

[​IMG]
    Gigi Lai winning Best Actress award in 2004

Days ago,Gigi Lai has announced her retirement from the entertainment industry,immediately someone pointed that Charmaine will gain the most advantage from Gigi's withdrawal. After Gigi quits,Charmaine's position as the top actress in TVB has become even more steadier,it is also said that Charmaine will replace Gigi by working on her unfinished jobs and projects,which includes acting in dramas and more than a million dollars worth of commercial advertisement contracts.

Its said that Charmaine would replaced Gigi Lai and take over her projects because TVB could not find any other actress that has the same level of popularity as her to replace Gigi.

[​IMG]

Knew Gigi Lai is quitting long ago
    During the promotional event of Charmaine's new series "When Easterly Showers Fall on Sunny West" ,Charmine Sheh revealed that she knew Gigi is quitting the entertainment industry 1 year ago. She said "Gigi Lai has mentioned last year,at first i thought that she wants to take a break as her tone in mentioning sounded relaxed. I have not put it to heart. I didn't feel surprised too when she announced her retirement." Do you feel its a pity? "As a friend,i would feel happy for her,as an audience i would of course feel pity." Charmaine emphasized that she felt happy for her because Gigi had already found a new target in life,on the contrary,she had not found hers,so she still has to wait.

[​IMG]
    TVB's High Executive , Virginia Lok comforting Gigi Lai when she announced her withdrawal

Old goes,new comes
    Asked Charmaine if she would more jobs soon because of the departure of her competitor,she said "You cant put it this way...as every of the artiste's characteristic is different,thus our roles and lines are different too." The others have often used Gigi Lai to compare with you? "Even Gigi has withdrawed,there can always be a newcomer. I still have to work hard and wont be contented easily."

[​IMG]
    TVB's General Manager Stephan Chan

Stephen Chan : Both are different
    TVB's General Manager,Stephen Chan has responded to the rumours about Charmaine Sheh getting the most advantage as she will be replacing Gigi in commercial advertisement contracts after Gigi withdraw. He said "Our company hasnt thought of this, everytime when we open a new series we have to pick on the cast depending on the nature of the storyline. Charmine is NOT equals to Gigi,the both are totally different. As for advertisements,the we choose the artiste for the job depending on what the product is. Its very hard to force someone in the role if that person is not suitable for it." Does Gigi still have unfinished jobs? "After understanding,She has cleared all outstanding jobs and projects,even if there is,i am sure Gigi will finish it." The loss of a Top Fadan,are you in a headache? "Nope,i feel pity however,but i will still support Gigi Lai's decision"

[​IMG]
    Chan Siu Bo

Chan Siu Bo Finds a new spokesperson after Gigi Lai Quits
    Squina's Boss Chan Siu Bo whom have worked with Gigi for the past 4 years is currently scouting for a new spokersperson for the product. She admitted that he likes Charmaine very much. Chan Siu Bo said "I am still considering about the new spokesperson. Charmaine and the other Fadans in TVB have a high chance. Its not convenient for me now to disclose further,but we would have a conclusion soon. "
    The Boss whom likes Charmaine very much have used to chase watch "War and Beauty". Choosing a spokesperson is also within the 2 hot favourites in "War and Beauty" - which is Gigi and Charmaine. This time,Chan Siu Bo has to consider carefully again.

Chan Siu Bo has also revealed that Gigi has not informed her beforehand that she would be withdrawing from the entertainment industry. However as a friend and as a working partner,he would support her decision. Its a coincident that other spokesperson from his company has also asked for leave (short of spokesperson now). Spokesperson for the beauty product "Squina" includes : Tiffany Lam,Mandy Cho and Gigi Lai

Source : Mingpao
    Translated by MC @ http://mediachamber.net

2. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

ooo...so no wonder charmaine supported gigi's leaving..... (¬¬)

3. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Of course la.....Always back stabbing in this industry

4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

true true...i have yet to see someone from that industry who hasnt back stabbed someone else....

5. Rolaquin

Rolaquin Member

It's funny, because I never knew such a rivalry existed. =(

6. Charmaine only looks out for her throne.......

7. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

The truth is i dnt think either is actually that good, and its just that there isnt actually any really good actresses with TVB that they managed to get such titles, acting wise though, i prefer charmine.

8. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

It's not really back stabbing anyone...
    If you have potential, people will see it out from you... ^^

9. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

Gigi has done so much Charmaine and her fuking big nose can never smell or catch up. Get the fuk real Charmaine big nose.

Gigi doesn't need to prove much but I think she's od, and too much sometimes. She opens her eyes so big on purpose, some roles actually set her down.

CHARMAINE's acting improved VERY MINIMAL when she first came out, but since then it has not gotten anywhere.. Whats so good about her// Her big gigantic nose... i wouldn't wanna be in the same room as her. a whiiff and she will knock me outl.

10. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

Charmaine:nono:(N)

11. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

I prefer Gigi over Charmaine anyday.

12. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

i don't know but i would prefer charmaine over gigi .. it's just a matter of personal preferences and yes, they're about the same in acting wise; not far from one another.

as for backstabbing .. i don't think competition between artists consider "backstabbing". everyone is obviously looking for his/her own best interest. i am sure ya'll do the same at your job. team work yes but at the end, you wanna be the one get promoted for the top job.

13. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

You sure about that? you have to watch
    Time Off 《生命有 Take 2》
    vs The Drive of Life BIG HUGE DIFFERENCE.