Can a boy and a girl be close but just be friends?

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by ZeSanchezLy, Jul 27, 2013.

1. ZeSanchezLy

ZeSanchezLy Member

Hey guys I was just wondering on your thoughts of the classic 'Can a boy and a girl just be friends'

I'm not too sure, I have this friend who i use to fancy but that was a long time ago. Now i've known her for almost two years and some people tell me that it is fucking weird that us two are so close but are just friends. Sometimes people tell us that we should go out or ask us individually what's going on between us two. Often girls will not pursue me any more after i've introduce her to them or when they see us two hang out so yeah she is a unintentional 'cock block' lol. I'm sure she doesn't see me in any thing more than just a friend.

But what is your thoughts on this topic and have you had any experiences like this?!

2. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

you wanna get laid dont introduce her to your targets hahaha get laid first maybe definitely a cock block.

3. cailini

cailini Well-Known Member

All of my best friends have been guys and I have a lot of guy friends. It's totally possible.

Some of my guy friends have had a thing for me, but I've just been clear with them that I'm not interested and it's something we have moved past. Not an issue at all.

4. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

no big deal unless u got little friends....

5. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Yes!! Friends with benefits!!

6. A|ex

A|ex Well-Known Member

This is pretty funny as I have been in the same situation, the easy way to solve this is to not introduce her or to bring her out when your after a female target or she will ward them off. Its a bit like trying to go make friends with a mouse when your best friend is a cat.

7. it's possible if both parties are mature enough to understand it.. but it really depends on how the relationship is... say the girl is really hot or the guy is really hot or both parties are really hot, there's bound to be an attraction one way or the other and that's usually the reason either parties are even friends is that there's some kinda attraction in there be it personality, looks or w/e it's always a + to have a friend of the opposite sex rather than the same sex. As shallow as it may be this is usually the case. ime the moment you tell someone u want to be "just friends and nothing else" is the moment they will stop seeing u as much as they used to. I'm talking in the sense of being close friends here.

8. geoffreydunn12

geoffreydunn12 New Member

Why not! that is very possible but of course the romance is still possible if both of you are single. It will be a bit harder if one of you are in a relationship so that kind of friends relationship will eventually not work.

9. huycha04

huycha04 Well-Known Member

yep its possible until the girl starts to fall for the guy.

10. t20lau

t20lau Well-Known Member

Everything is Possible, but how long it lasts is a very different thing!

Like you said you used to fancy this girl, so deep down you'll still feel this one way or another! I mean ask yourself, if you was giving the chance to get intimate with this girl would u?!!!

If the answer is Yes then you already have an answer to why you guys are friends!!! You're obviously acting the perfect guy for her by being everything she wants without any requests!!!

If the answer is No, then you need to wonder how she feels about you! Maybe she is the one with a thing for you!!

But lets say that neither of you have any of these urges, you and her might just have the feeling of like brother and sister relationship??

11. CrazyMoFo

CrazyMoFo Well-Known Member

Sounds like you never really had a heart to heart talk with this girl. Have you guys ever talked about your relationship going beyond friendship level? Maybe she's waiting for you to make a move. If you are not interested in a relationship beyond friendship. If you are afraid to bring this topic up thinking it would ruin your friendship. You can set the tone of the relationship by introducing her as your little sister to your friends. Watch her reaction and you will get your answer! LOL

12. surplusletterbox

surplusletterbox Well-Known Member

Of course opposite sex can be friends. The complexity is how you live and deal with the multiplicity of human emotions, suspicions, taboos, gossips, prejudice, sensitivities, social protocols, morality, etiquette etc. that may arise. Some of these external people may not understand effectively what friendship means nor will they have the time nor the wish to spend time to understand, though many do, what is the meaning of "close friends" between a man and a woman or any gender. So long as you cope with possible issues in your local environment, a close friend of any gender (with or without physical contact) is a valuable and rare asset for one's long journey in a risky life and life is risky. As to whether one can go "closer" then one needs to consider beyond what it means to the two of you in isolation. The reason is we live as communal sentient beings as others' opinion of us matter sometimes though not all of the time. In all of us we need family and friends that we can trust and rely on but yet we create negativities in our minds to eliminate chances of others getting trusted friends. One comfort is to turn to faith, philosophy for guidance against such negativities within oneself.

13. tvbpopular

tvbpopular Member

I personally don't have any problem with this. I think it's all fair game, before people get married.

14. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

the truth ^^ is in bold...