Business/Commerce

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by The_Jelly, May 22, 2008.

1. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

I'm planning to go into Business/Commerce, I've looked at the requirments for some of the Uni's in ontario and they all say mid 80's. Does anyone know how tough the competition really is?

2. clevergurl55

clevergurl55 Well-Known Member

I know that at u of t, commerce is the most pricey arts and sci program, I'm not sure what job prospects are like after graduation though. In terms of competition, I'm not sure how tough it is to get in, but its laways harder to stay in a program then getting in. When they say mid 80s, and if your avg is below, your extracurriculars will definately save your butt. Bottom line is, if you really wanna get into the program, try for it b/c a lot of those stats are from last eyar anyways.. :)

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

go to commerce at ryerson aka business management or universtiy of toronto @ scarborough or even university @ sauga because all the other commerce like UTSJ and waterloo and mac and UWO need at least 85%....i know cause i wanted to get in as for ryesron and utsc with liek 75% average u'll get in

4. The_Jelly

Anyone know how much you need for Wilfred Laurier? I've seen the requirements but does anyone know someone who got in?

5. thomaslau14

thomaslau14 Member

i think it's more relative yr by yr...i mean..the reason they say "mid 80s" is because you can't have a sure cut percentage line. Anyways, hope you get in. All the best.

6. The_Jelly

My grades aren't bad. Little but better then low 80's. I just seem to lack extracurricular. Anyone know what kinda extracurriculars look good for commerce?

7. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol i want to do Commerce but i gotta wait =P so im doing Accoutning atm lol any subjects that invovle Money is good for me - ChChing ^^

8. aznsnipa

aznsnipa Member

I'm taking management co-op at utsc rite now. My program is worth goin to if you're in the management CO-OP program, just management or pre-management is not worth going to unless you know u will do pretty good in unviersity. But the co-op program needed a high 80s avg, around 88-90 can maybe get u in. I'm saying its not worth it becuz when u reach 2nd year, which im heading to next fall, each yr cost around $10,000, i think that's pretty pricey so yeah. for commerce i heard everyone starts at pre-commerce when they get into the commerce program, meaning you're not actually in yet, u have to get a certain mark to get in. but i heard it's not that hard to get that mark, so commerce is a pretty good program. U need around low 80s to mid 80s to get in i think. Ryerson's business programs are actually gettin harder to get into, u need around high 70s to low 80s to get into the business programs. i also heard ryerson has a very nice new building for business students that's like connected to eatons lol Welll.. i hope my info sorta helped u, all dese stuff i said, is juss my opinion on the skools, so don't let what i say affect u too much lol gL

9. khmkan

khmkan Active Member

ohhh, competition shouldn't be too bad =]
    I'm pretty sure the hardest one to get into should be UT downtown which you need at lease high 80's.
    Well, the combined program between Waterloo and Laurier you would need about a 90 =_=..
    But then Mac, UT scar and UTM, around low 80's you'll be able to get in.
    If you re considering Mac, then if you have what they ask for then you'll be accepted automatically.
    And for Laurier business, I think you'll get in with an 80 ....

...usually Canadian university's like to accept massive amounts of students and then watch them leave one by one =[. So getting in shouldn't be a problem but staying in is usually the issue. But I'm sure if you try, you'll be fine =]

10. The_Jelly

Thanks for all the feedback people. A lot of info to digest I guess. It seems to me that staying in is more of a concern then getting in lol