Biotherm Aquasource Review

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by 1serenity, May 23, 2013.

1. 1serenity

1serenity Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I got this set from a promotion at Shoppers Drug Mart; spend over $40 and receive a gift set. So basically, it was getting a duplicate of this set, but the Aquasource day cream was in a sample size (it was a 15ml jar, almost 1/3 of the regular sized jar). Anyway, $46 for almost 2 sets, I'm rather satisfied! I have never tried Biotherm before, but I decided to give it a try, but it never crossed my mind about what I would do with these products if I didn't like them. But that was never a problem. I fell in love with it after a week of use!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I chose the normal to combination set just to be safe. It's a greenish gel-based cream as you can see above (the dry skin set should be in a pink colour, also gel-based). This cream goes on a little thicker than the Garnier Moisture Rescue cream, which I actually prefer in this case. During my first few days of use, I wasn't liking it too much because I felt that it wasn't giving my skin enough moisture, but after I started applying more generously, it worked like a charm! My face was soft and smooth again and it gives me the long lasting moisture that I need throughout the day. Mind you, this does not have any sunblock in it, so remember to wear sun protection before you go out! I tried to use this as a night cream for a few days, but I found that it doesn't give enough moisture throughout the whole night. Because of that, I decided to bust out the night cream to try.
    [​IMG]

This is also gel-based, comes out in a blue-ish colour. I believe all of Biotherm's products are gel-based. This cream is rather thicker than the day cream so it works pretty well overnight. With this cream, I can use it a little more sparingly compared to the day cream. That one dab was enough for my whole face and a little for my neck! I learned that I shouldn't waste any products, especially if they're expensive or valuable. So if you have any left over, rub it into your neck!
    [​IMG]

After all that satisfaction with the creams, I started using the toner as well. It's a soft toner, one that I would not mind using. It does work pretty well to help absorb their creams! I guess that's why they bundled it together. But compared to The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner that I have, this one doesn't feel as smooth and soft. I probably would not buy it on its own, but if it's apart of a gift set, I would definitely get it.
    I have yet to try the face wash. I have so many that I haven't gotten around to using yet, but I will have a post soon comparing the face wash in this Biotherm set with others that I have tried.