Big White Duel - 白色強人 (2019)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Jun 8, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

English Title:

Big White Duel

Chinese Title:
    白色強人

Genre:
    Modern/Medical/Drama

Producer:
    Marco Law

Episodes:

Cast:
    Roger Kwok
    Kenneth Ma
    Natalie Tong
    Ali Lee
    Matthew Ho
    Kelly Cheung

Synopsis:
    Hong Kong's healthcare reform is imperative. The radical reform plan is to privatize public hospitals and raise capital by means of public listing to maintain operations. The leading public hospital, "Marshall Paxton Hospital", has become a pilot for the reform. Dr YEUNG YAT-TO (Kwok Chun On), Deputy Hospital Chief Executive and Chief of Service (C.O.S.) of Neurosurgery, has made preparations for five years, seeking to turn the hospital into a medical empire that raises more than $10 billion. He is even looking to be the person-in-charge! Dr TONG MING (Kenneth Ma), C.O.S. of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, has a totally different ideology compared to YAT-TO’s. He has fought alongside his apprentice POON WAI-TAK (Matthew Ho) in accordance with the life-saving principle that is to hold human life above the healthcare system, but they are instead dragged into the power struggle initiated by Dr LUI CHUNG-HOK (David Chiang), CE of Marshal Paxton, who opposes the medical reform. YAT-TO, TONG MING, a cardiothoracic surgeon, CHING LOK-MAN (Ali Lee), an ER doctor, ZOE SO (Natalie Tong), and a neurosurgeon, LUI OI-LING (Kelly Cheung), etc. are a group of strong-willed people in white robes, but their opponents are not only diseases, but also human greed coupled with the lust driven by power…...

Airing June 10th replacing My Commissioned Lover 婚姻合伙人

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Seems like one of TVB higher budget drama. I didn't watch Another Era so it's been a while since I last saw Roger

3. shinobi please release
    Big White Duel - 白色強人
    for upload, thanks

4. roger wasted no time already bribing workers left and right in first ep is it me or its very common for him to play heel/villain now and days

5. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

What are all the acronyms they are throwing around? Some of which I think I heard are:

CON - Chief of Neurology?
    MO - medical officer?
    AC - assistant/associate Chief?
    COS - Chief of Surgery
    CTS
    PAT - pre-admission testing?

Holy crap they just keep piling them acronyms on.

#5 Xzyrus, Jun 12, 2019 at 4:24 PM
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 4:46 PM
    • I was wondering about that too I was wondering about that too x 1
  6. eric62451

eric62451 Well-Known Member

CTS - Cardio Thoracic Surgeon/Surgery
    PAT - Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia
    CON - Consultant
    AC- Associate Consultant
    COS - Chief of service

• Genius! Genius! x 1
  7. eric62451

eric62451 Well-Known Member

The show seems pretty good so far, Already rewatched 1st and 2nd ep.