Beijing 2008 Starlit Award's big mistake - Joe Chen, Ethan Ruan loses contact and walked red carpet

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by jazlynnyee, Dec 25, 2008.

1. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

[​IMG]

Ethan Ruan and Joe Chen rose to popularity in China through idol drama "Fated to Love You" and in 2008 Tencent QQ's Starlit Award, they both won the Best male and female actress for Hong Kong and Taiwan. However, on the award ceremony night on the 15th, the two arranged to walk the red carpet together but a mistake occured and when Joe Chen arrived at the scene, she discovered that Ethan had already abandoned her.

Ethan and Joe were invited to walk the red carpet together but when Ethan arrived, he walked the red carpet without waiting for Joe and with no male partner to accompany her, Joe had to walk the red carpet solo. She immediately questioned Ethan "Why didn't you wait for me?" when she arrived backstage and Ethan explained that "The workers were asking me to hurry so I thought you walked first already." This huge misunderstanding caused the two to keep laughing.

[​IMG]

Sitting next to Louise Lee.

After the misunderstanding was cleared, Ethan and Joe became friends again and on the award ceremony, Ethan termed Joe as "Wife" and Joe rewarded him with a sweet smile. Additionally, Joe met Sun Hong Lei backstaged and he praised her for being like Lin Chiling. Joe returned the praise by saying that he was like Andy Lau. Sun Hong Lei then finally added that "I meant your voice!"

Beijing was in a negative 5 degree celcius condition that night but Joe wore a long gown that was split at the bottom. Her pair of beautiful legs were turned into ice pop. However, Joe didn't scream cold at all. She said "I've been filming "Staying by Sunshine Staying by You" in Beijing for almost a month already so I'm more immune to cold now."

Source: ChinaTimes
    Translation by minivicki @ http://asianfanatics.net/