Ayumi Hamasaki

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by person, Jul 4, 2006.

1. person

person Well-Known Member

I can't believe a thread hasn't been started about her yet. Ahaha so happy that I'm the first... =P
    Anyways, I'm sure there are fans of her here, since I've seen download threads made of her etc etc.
    Anyways, she was the one that got me really liking Japanese music! I've become a huge fan, and... she's just great!

[​IMG]

Not only is she pretty, but she can really sing! Better than many other artists... lol. Although it is kind of annoying when she makes her voice high on purpose... but eh it's like the style now... she's still awesome. So yeah, what do you guys think about her?

2. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

I allso like her songs to and you are right she's pretty :D

3. wondergirl

wondergirl Well-Known Member

Please don't kill me for saying this, but I heard that Ayumi had a lot of surgery done on her face. Is this true?

But I agree that she is very talented. :)

4. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

"Ayumi Hamasaki got her eyes, nose, lips, chin, and breasts changed. She is currently one of the top idols in Japan"

I found it on an article, so yup she did do plastic sugeory

5. wondergirl

wondergirl Well-Known Member

Woah she had a lot of things done. -what? But I guess she's still pretty...

6. person

person Well-Known Member

lol yeah. But many stars in Asia have doen platics surgery. Koda Kumi has... BoA obviously has, Hyori Lee from Korea... many people.
    Meh, she's still pretty though. And her fans actually get plastic surgery on their eyes to look like Ayumi's. But her were already naturally big. Meh, it's cool.
    She's one of the most successful artists in Japan history.
    She holds the record for the most #1 singles 27 now including Blue Bird, most singles sold, and... most singles in the top 10 being 38 now. She has like 40 singles out.
    Also in December or so, she signed a pair of jeans that was to be auctined off to varies charities, and in the end it was auctioned off for 760 003 000 yen, which is like about 7 millions dollars converted... into canadian money anyways...
    Wow... that much money for a pair of signed jeans... @_@

7. EvaxTvxQ

EvaxTvxQ Well-Known Member

o_O hm dont get mad if i say this...lol
    ok first of all, DAMn she got lots so surgery done..thats scary o_O
    and i listened to her songs..i only like "step YOu"..haha
    hm, iono if shes talented or not, maybe becasue i'm not familier wif
    japanese music..lol
    but she is pretty lol

8. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

Goodness, I agree with everything you said! Except I haven't heard the "step you" song.

I just don't understand why she chose to undergo so much surgery. I thought she was beautiful before:
    [​IMG]

She was so cute!!! Well, she still is, but she just doesn't look as natural anymore. Maybe it's because they're always airbrushing her pictures...

9. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

I think that she was more beutifult before the surgery.. Boa and Lee Hyori too -shock

10. dvd

dvd Well-Known Member

Her latest albulm missunderstood was alright I liked her other albulms better.

11. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeah, (miss)understood was her first album to not hit the 1 million mark.
    Meh, yeah, she's pretty now, but she was pretty before as well.
    Like peoples, A LOT of stars get plastic surgery. It's not uncommon. They all want to look beautiful blah blah blah.
    I still like her though. Doesn't really change who she is.
    At least she looks good after the plastic surgery. I've seen some stars... *shudders* they look even worse... (ie. Michael Jackson XD but there are others.)

12. Mohanxu111

Mohanxu111 Well-Known Member

Boa's songs are better...

13. person

person Well-Known Member

Meh, I don't like BoA that much. I only like one of her songs... her voice annoys me. Although some songs Ayumi's voice annoys me... but meh.

14. kiasuteo

kiasuteo Member

Koda Kumi is HOT , love her latest album

15. PhY pHy

PhY pHy Well-Known Member

waa...i agree lor...BoA...wif out alot of makeup...
    she isnt really dat pretti...but Ayumi is one
    of da firsts in Pop/Rock music to be heard
    by Westerners...she really is talented....nd pretti...
    and just a random question...did anyone see
    Ayu's wax sculpture in Hong Kong's "The Peak"
    wax museum? just in case u dunt know where
    "The Peak" is...its *san deng* in canto...

16. tamagodaisuki

i love her song HEAVEN that was in the movie Shinobi.

17. person

person Well-Known Member

She has a wax model of her? Never saw that. I so wanna see that one now.
    Shinobi, yeah. HEAVEN went well I guess?

Well for westerners... they would probably know of Utada Hikaru more... she sang the songs for many of the animes popular in America. Like Kingdom of Hearts especially. But Ayumi is still VERY popular. I'm not actually sure which songs were in the animes... ah well meh.
    I really can't wait for her concert DVD to come out... lol. Saw pics of the concert, looked amazing, can't wait for it to come out.

18. silverstreaks

silverstreaks Active Member

well im dont reali like her songs but i do find her pretty............heard she had a operation to make her eyes look bigger.....ouch =s dat must of hurt lol

19. qoo

qoo Well-Known Member

doesn't jolin imitate her?

20. diddy

diddy Member

i just may be the only person who hates her voice and just can't get into her music at all.
    i must also be the only person that finds her freaky looking, like a bug almost.
    i must also be the only person who thinks she seems to have a cool personality, judging from one interview and having very very very poor japanese skills.