Are there certain traditions to follow for a Japanese wedding?

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by tiapk7932, Feb 28, 2009.

1. tiapk7932

tiapk7932 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    My Chinese friend will be marrying her Japanese fiance soon. I know that for Chinese tradition, the bride's girlfriends will usually play games on the groom before he can come through the door and pick up the bride (think singing a love song or answering funny questions in front of the family). -lol

They plan to have a traditional Japanese wedding at a church. Are there some Japanese traditions that can be played on the groom or bride when the groom comes to pick her up? Especially, if it will embarass them. Or any ideas you may have will be fine. Thanks.

2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Wait, you're their friend? I must be missing something here... LOL... :wtf:

3. tiapk7932

tiapk7932 Well-Known Member

all in good fun....

It's all in good fun. :tongue2: I just want to get some ideas so that both families will have something to represent their traditions. Plus payback is a b#$%@. -devil My friends have always found ways to put me in an awkward position at weddings. I've been to Viet, Chinese, Philipino, & Caucasion weddings, but not yet to a Japanese wedding.

4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was just kidding. You should have seen the comical shit I had to endure when I got married... -blush