Anyone Here Interested In History?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by ralphrepo, Oct 23, 2006.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I know this is the Philo and Religion section; but it was the closests to History from the assortment of forums. Oh, and Hi, I'm Ralph.

Ralph

#1 ralphrepo, Oct 23, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  2. dream4everwest

dream4everwest Well-Known Member

History of what....based on factual events from historical texts or folklore?

3. ezai

ezai Well-Known Member

History from which era?
    I have interst in history relating to the beginning of human civilization, appearence of early cities, Phoenecians , Mesopotepian civilization and East and South East Asian civilizations.

4. littleduck

littleduck Well-Known Member

i am interested in the history of my country

5. dot

dot Well-Known Member

history of ancient civilizations, empires that rose and fell, europe through the ages.... it's all fascinating stuff to me... until i have an exam on it, that is ;)

6. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

enlighten us ralph

7. rave13

rave13 Well-Known Member

Yes cause it always repeats itself.

8. nicole

nicole Well-Known Member

To me history is an interesting subject. Like learning what our precedessors did to shape our country.

9. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

I use to be very interested in the Chinese Anicent History when I was in High School.

10. NYGirl83

NYGirl83 Active Member

Sure, and I have a degree to show for it. ;)

11. rax_7

rax_7 Well-Known Member

forget the past, it's time to move on

12. i like canadian history, american history, european history, chinese history, vietnamese history, korean history, japanese history

=)

13. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Gee .. Ralph didn't come back to post .. wtf .. lol

History is fascinating but knowing too much .. well .. not sure if it's any good to you. After all .. life moves forward, not backward. The lessons learned might not work nowadays too.

14. im an avid fan of history. i couldn't care less if lessons learned can be applied now or not, i find history to be fascinating, despite not benefiting you in the near future.

there is no such thing as too much knowledge in my mind. if a person states that knowing too much is bad, then that, is quite a load. the thirst for knowledge makes one a more educated individual. it makes for great conversation topics. some would be in awe at how much you know.

15. .Cameron

.Cameron Well-Known Member

I'm more into the culture aspect of history (China mostly). Not nessecarily the events... It's quite nice to see how everything gradually developed. Art, music, dance, clothing, customs ect. Probally why I linger around certain periods of history.

-rockon

16. z1llch

z1llch Member

history is fun !

17. Xib

Xib Well-Known Member

What is this some sort of a poll? Nothing to discuss here, moving on.

18. yasuaki

yasuaki Active Member

Yes, I'm interested in history. I think it it good to know how we got here while also learning from our past mistakes.

19. fringe007

fringe007 Member

History of every thing counts much more.In the lives of nations history is very important.Only the nations progress those who look there past.