Another Era - 再创世纪 (2018)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Aug 30, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

English Title:

Another Era

Chinese Title:
    再創世紀

Genre:

Modern

Producer:
    Kwan Shu Ming

Episodes:

Cast:

Roger Kwok
    Tavia Yeung
    Frankie Lam
    Linda Chung
    Niki Chow
    Benjamin Yuen
    Pakho Chau

Synopsis:
    In 2008, as the tsunami of financial chaos engulfed the world, ambitious entrepreneur HO TIN-SANG (Roger Kwok) saw the opportunity seeking to take over the richest man in Hong Kong, FONG CHUNG-YAM’s (Wu Fung) business empire, but was interfered by another business magnate CHEUK KAI-TONG (Pat Poon). Bearing animosity towards him, TIN-SANG has been seeking revenge since then. Ten years later, the now wealthiest Cheuk family is overshadowed by misfortune. The sudden death of KAI-TONG’s son comes as a crushing blow to KAI-TONG, who lapses into a coma after a heart attack. To keep their business going, his inexperienced younger daughter CHEUK DING-YIU (Chow Lai Ki, Niki), with the help of a private equity placement agent, KO CHIT (Frankie Lam), faces off with TIN-SANG. With KAI-TONG regaining consciousness, TIN-SANG’s wife CHEUNG MING-HEI (Tavia Yeung), CHUNG-YAM’s grandson FONG CHAK-YU (Benjamin Yuen) and aspiring young entrepreneur CHING HOI (Pakho Chau) also get involved in the ever-escalating power struggle. The enmity among them will soon intensify towards a full-blown rivalry……

Airing September 10th replacing The Stunt 特技人

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jimmyyy09

Jimmyyy09 Active Member

is the series set in 2008 from the start than time jump to 2018 ?

3. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think it moves to current years 2017-2018 from Episode 5....

• Like Like x 1
  4. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

I just finished all the episodes/ Not really a good drama but still better than the stuntman drama. The original one is better with more storyline. This one is too forward and plain.

• Like Like x 1
  5. finally started half way through its better than I thought the girls are all so pretty in this <3

much better than HOG or Realm (comparing to the last big budget ones)

6. eric62451

eric62451 Well-Known Member

what is the name of the girl that speaks mandarin and makes those egg tarts for benjamin yuen?

7. 余芷慧 Mushy?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. eric62451

eric62451 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I knew you would know!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

of course he would. he is my idol. he is hamsup king, cat3 king, sextape king........just call him king of all kings lol

10. they gave this KLF such a large role even more time than Linda :gum:

11. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Finished this, overall all the actors and actresses did their part very well making me actual follow it and not as boring as it would be. Love seeing Tavia again and Niki, Linda always plays the sweet innocent role as usual...but agree, story seemed to be sort of eh...Who's the actress who played Lily though, seemed like she talked with a lisp haha...