Another come back series from TVB?

Discussion in 'The Drive of Life - 歲月風雲' started by Faipang, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Faipang

Faipang Active Member

Do you think this is another come back series for TVB?

Well we all know that TVB hasnt really made much great series these past few years, and they started to make some better ones like "heart of greed" (which was very good)

do you guys think that they can pull this one off ?

2. big cast and fairly long doesn't nessarily mean it'll be good....but i don't like the fact its a tvb/mainland production....it'll have alot of unknown china actors...with dubbed voices....which drives me nuts... will see how it goes though....of course expectations are high on this...cause of the cast and budget

3. 2Face

2Face Active Member

Actually, I've felt that this year has been filled with great TVB series. Devil's Disciple, Brink of Law, Dicey Business, Heart of Greed, and lots more. Last year wasn't bad either. So I really wouldn't say this is a come back, but an attempt to pull away even.

I have high expectations for this because of the actors, the budget, and the amount of time put into it. Plus, it's to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of HK's return, so everyone's expecting a lot!

4. candy10013

candy10013 Well-Known Member

the series these year hasn't been that great. the drive of life have the dubb voice that i didn't usually like. it felt strange to watch one person and listen to another voice.

5. smilely

smilely Well-Known Member

yep i totally agree

6. sillierabbit

sillierabbit Well-Known Member

Uh, Devil's Disciples and Brink of Law wasn't THAT good lol. I think only Dicey Business and Heart of Greed were pretty good this last year. I think the dubbed voices are WAYYY better in cantonese than in mandarin lol. Download the mandarin one or watch on youtube to see what I mean. I hope this series is good cause so much money/cast/co-op but 60 is long. I think 40 is pushing it lols. Like in Heart of Greed, some episodes between 30-40 were really lagging it out. Anyways, hope the 60 episodes are good.

7. Faipang

Faipang Active Member

i agree about the 60 episodes is pushing it part. i just hope they dont just put fillers in just to make the series longer. its just going to ruin the story

8. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

I hope the LONG story will not ruin our impression and hopes on the drama....

9. andyseowkw

andyseowkw Active Member

cool movie

cool cool

10. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

i hope it's good. if not my interest will die off before too long. won't finish the 60 eps

11. victorlg88

victorlg88 Well-Known Member

Heart of greed sucks imo, dubbed voices didn't really bother me. the plot is great though alot of promotion for china's car market.

12. .//affect-ionn

.//affect-ionn Well-Known Member

it seems that it might be good since its long but the whole story line will D-R-A-G since its gonna be so LONGGGGGGG.........

13. muffinman

muffinman Active Member

I think this is another come back series from TVB. I personally stopped watching a majority of the series for the past 2 years or so. I know people shouldn't judge a book on its cover but I judge a tvb drama on the casts. I never watch the series with new and unexperienced actors as the main characters.

This is the first series in a long time that I'm watching episode by episode as it comes out. The dub in here doesn't bother me because a majority of the characters are cantonese-speaking.

14. oturan1

oturan1 Active Member

not to mention i dont know any of the cctv actor's real voice so as long as i dont know their real voice, the dub is alright with me

15. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

Heart Of Greed was really good...and i think Drive of Life would be pretty good too...other than the dubbing..

16. jcy_yan

jcy_yan Well-Known Member

I like this show!! It's interesting!

17. yeewah82

yeewah82 Member

hello

It's his elder's brother evil? look like he want's to conquer car industrial.....

18. yeewah82

yeewah82 Member

This drama very good

19. yeewah82

yeewah82 Member

Heart Of Greed was really good drama but this movie more interesting
    thank you

20. legendchew

legendchew New Member

This series just launched at ASTRO Malaysia for free 5 days watch. Later on have to buy the package in order to watch it . :'( Anyone know where to get the cantonese full download ?