Angel Chiang finally gets to be lead actress

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Dec 19, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

After 13 years in showbiz, Angel Chiang finally gets her opportunity to be the lead actress in the new series, "Deception Theatre".

The 31 year-old TVB actress, who spoke to HK01 about the new project, shared that she will play the role of an artsy, confident movie screenwriter who is hired by the producer (Lawrence Cheng) to help with his deception.

Asked how she felt to have finally earned a lead role, Angel enthused, "I joined TVB at the age of 17. The most difficult times were back when no one knew who you were and the workload was low. Looking back, I realised I did take one step at a time. The experience of being at each stage is so precious and I am proud of having the experience."

When mentioned that 13 years is too long for an artiste to wait for her big break, Angel said that it would just be a beginning and that she hopes there will be more opportunities to come.

The upcoming series, which is the comeback project of TVB producer Poon Ka Tak, also marks the first leading role for Ngo Ka Nin, who left the company last year. It co-stars Sammi Cheung, Kirby Lam, Vincent Lam, and Enson Lau.

credits: yahoo.sg

2. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

It's like working in an well known company which takes years to move up the ladder. Her patience is finally getting the notice. I feel a bit ambiguous for her. One, it's way too long for company to notice her; I would've left the company long ago. Second, I'm happy for her.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1