Ali Lee unsure of rumours that she has been frozen by TVB

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Aug 23, 2019.

1. [​IMG]
    TVB actress Ali Lee recently stated that she has no knowledge as to whether she has been frozen by TVB or not.

As reported on HK01, rumours that the actress was being given a forced hiatus sparked following the misunderstanding that occurred concerning her past social media posts, which some alleged to allude to her support of the Hong Kong independence.

Despite her subsequent clarification, it was alleged that TVB has temporarily taken her series "Death by Zero" (formerly known as "Assassins") off the schedule and that her role in "Who Wants A Baby?" will be replaced.

When asked about it, Ali said that she hasn't heard anything about her forced hiatus.

"I am still filming "Amelia's Rhapsody" right now. If I was really frozen, then I wouldn't be filming it right now," she said.

She also dismissed the idea that it had anything to do with her previous social media posts, saying that she didn't have any argument, nor did she pick a fight with anybody.

credits: sg.yahoo

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I dont think she'll be replaced in Who Wants A Baby. How do you replace the Mom unless it's not a sequel

3. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Is tvb getting into the mix of the banning stars who side with the protesting? Lame...

4. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Well, think from TVB's business perspective. All China has to say is,
    1) (the least) Ali Lee is not allowed to go to China for any filming. That will immediately inconvenient the crew / tvb as a company if she's involved in a project that will require filming in China.
    2) (the more impact) China says, as long as you keep Ali Lee, no TVB projects in China. China did pressure and oust Cathay's CEO and his deputy, mind you, just for being slower in firing their employees that supported the protesters.

It's unfortunate that China is doing all this; then again, China is a communist country that could care less about human rights or freedom. They will kill their own people just as an example for the rest. Look at Tiannamen Square massacre.

#4 ab289, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Genius! Genius! x 1
  5. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

6. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

In china there is no equivocal exchange