AKB48 take over SHIBUYA TSUTAYA!

Discussion in 'Japanese Entertainment' started by Jeff, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

[​IMG]

On June 23rd and June 24th, AKB48 completely took over the SHIBUYA TSUTAYA shop. The shop’s first floor was completely occupied for the commemoration event for their new music video DVD, “AKB48 Ga Ippai ~ The Best Music Video ~”.

From the walls of their official pictures and outfits from their music videos to the large monitor screen which played their new DVD, this store was full of AKB48. Furthermore, on the 24th, various members of AKB48 showed up at the store and signed their pictures on the walls of the store for two hours.

When asked which music video left the most impression, Itano Tomomi answered, “For me, it was “Ponytail no Shu Shu”. It was the first time I flew in a helicopter and the wind was amazing! I thought I might blow away with the wind.”

As reported earlier, six of the AKB48 members are currently making appearance at SHIBUYA 109 and the building has a large billboard poster of Kashiwagi Yuki. Regarding this, she stated, “I saw my photo on the way here at SHIBUYA 109 and I was so surprised that I unconsciously, started taking photos on my cell phone! I grew up in the countryside (Kagoshima) so seeing my photo in Shibuya definitely makes me happy!”

Their DVD includes 36 of their music video including “Beginner”, “Heavy Rotation”, and “Ponytail no Shu Shu”. Takahashi Minami of AKB48 stated, “The creation of our music videos had a lot of help. They have a lot of story and message in them and plenty of support from the directors and staff. I am truly grateful.”

Source: Tokyohive, Model Press