A story I wrote for English class

Discussion in 'Fan Fix' started by ms-jojo, Sep 16, 2006.

1. ms-jojo

ms-jojo Well-Known Member

have you guys ever heard the story called "The Brave Little Tailor"? it's not too well known, but it's about this tailor who met a giant and there was some misunderstanding... well i won't go on about THAT story.

anyway, my English teacher last year read us that story and told us to write something similar but at the same time about something totally different. well here's mine (it's a bit immature haha, but meh) (and erm.. why aren't the indents showing? ><):

It was Friday afternoon, the last day of the first week of school, and the students at Burnaby North Secondary School were impatient for the weekend to start. It wasn’t only the students who couldn’t wait for the bell to ring – the teachers were excited too. After only five days of getting used to instructing and marking papers again, the teachers needed another small break to just forget about the lessons and watch television in their pajamas.

There was one teacher in particular who was absolutely dying for the week to end. This teacher wasn’t wealthy or extravagant. He was just a simple man who enjoyed quiet time in his small humble home. However, the social studies teacher knew his job always came first, and like always, he kept teaching his classes to the best of his ability.

Ten minutes before the last bell, the teacher was speaking to his students about the importance of women during World War I. Despite the anticipation to get out of school, all twenty-seven of the eleventh graders were unexpectedly eager to learn. Every time the teacher asked a question, at least three students would have their hands up.

“Now, who can tell me how the First World War affected women in Canada?” the teacher asked.

All the students started talking at once. The last thing the teacher wanted was a noisy class in the last few minutes of school. In frustration, he waved his arms around frantically as if to say “I give up!” The students saw this movement and stopped talking almost as quickly as the chatter had started, and the room was silent.

The teacher was amazed with this achievement. Never in his teaching career had he done or heard of this way of calming a class. The only stories he’d heard were of other professors yelling or banging a ruler on the table. The teacher knew he was good at his job, but he didn’t know he was that good! The silence from just a swift hand movement was just incredible.

Suddenly the final bell rang. The eleventh graders packed up their things and left the classroom. The teacher was left sitting at his desk with a shocked look on his face.

Wow… what an accomplishment, the social studies teacher thought. He decided he should tell everyone of his triumph. The teacher took some masking tape on his desk, wrote on it with a permanent marker ‘27 down in 1 wave,’ and stuck it right on his shirt, where everyone would be able to see it.

With his head held high, the teacher left the school and started to walk home. As he walked pass a bookstore, the teacher heard a noise.

“Psst! Hey you, with the masking tape.”

The teacher stopped and looked around. A little man with a long robe and glasses stepped out from a shadow. Seeing that it was just a harmless little man, the teacher walked up to him.

“‘27 down with 1 wave,’ huh?” the little man chuckled, pointing at the tape. “You must think you’re very skilled now, don’t you?”

“Well, I did get twenty-seven down with one wave,” the social studies teacher replied slowly. The teacher couldn’t figure out why this little man was so interested in his accomplishment. He was beginning to feel as though the position he was in wasn’t a good one.

“Never have I ever heard of a Muggle look-alike defeating so many people with a single wave of his wand!” The little man’s eyes grew big.

The teacher peaked at the display in the bookstore. Sure enough, the newest Harry Potter novel was out. This little man was clearly a Harry Potter fan trapped in the world of imaginary magic.

The little man looked at the teacher from head to toe. “Well, if you’re really a wizard, I challenge you. I challenge you to turn that pebble over there into a coin!”

Taken aback by this test, the teacher was at loss of words. This little man was a bit creepy, and the teacher didn’t want to find out what would happen if he found out he wasn’t a wizard. He put his hands in his pocket and felt both his good luck charm, which was a little stick, and a quarter. The good luck charm really was good luck! Hmm, maybe I should try tricking him. He might do something crazy if he found out I wasn’t a wizard.

Clearing his throat, the teacher pointed to a pebble on the ground with the stick and muttered a couple of random words. The teacher then stepped forward, covered the little man’s view, and dropped the coin to the ground, replacing the pebble with it.

The little man was impressed but tried hard to hide it. “Not bad, not bad. That was just a little test. Now for a harder challenge: use your magic to change a part of your body so it can do something you normally wouldn’t be able to do.”

The teacher smiled. This was going to be an easy one. He pointed his ‘wand’ at his left hand and he muttered under his breath. Thank goodness for my double-jointed thumb, he thought.

The Harry Potter fan stared at the moving thumb with wide eyes. He looked at the teacher with a confused look on his face. “Okay… that was good. One challenge left, and I’m afraid this one will be much harder.”

His hand fell into his robe’s pocket and it pulled out a tiny little bird. “Almost all great wizards are also good at the game of Quidditch! Catch this little bird and you will win this challenge.”

The little man released the bird from his hand. It flew around with wings flapping very quickly. The teacher tried hard to think of something he could do. Suddenly, the teacher remembered the days he spent at the park where he saw retired couples throw bread crumbs all over the ground, attracting birds of every kind.

The teacher reached into his pocket and found some crumbs from his lunch (he’s a very messy eater). Quickly, he sprinkled the crumbs near to where the bird was, and just as he had predicted, the bird came flying down to get them. Without hesitation, the teacher reached forward and caught the little bird before it sensed him coming.

“Magic powder!” the little man cried. He looked at the teacher with admiration. “That was wonderful! Please, teach me of your ways!”

The teacher was not amused by the little man’s reaction. It was already four o’clock, and he wanted to get home, and besides, the magic-crazed man seemed a bit crazy. But he knew the little man wouldn’t let him just leave.

“I will take you as my apprentice if you are able to accomplish this one task. Create a potion that can change all of mankind’s evil.” The teacher was hoping the little man would run off to get the ‘ingredients’ so that he could leave without the little man knowing.

The little man nodded. “Yes, of course. All good wizards would want to help the Muggles. I’ll be back with the elements.” He began to run to the opposite direction as the teacher had come in. In excitement, the little man didn’t see the tree stump in front of him. He tripped and fell head first to the ground.

The teacher ran towards him to check if he was alright. The little man seemed unconscious. Just then, two policemen walked out from the bookstore and saw the teacher and the little man on the sidewalk.

The first policeman took one look at the little man, and a huge smile spread on his face. He turned to the teacher. “Congratulations, young man! You just caught the crazy man we’ve been trying to get a hold of! He’s been running around doing crazy things around this town recently. Some people have even called him a threat to society!”

The teacher was speechless. So he really was crazy? Wow…

The second policeman put his hand on the teacher’s shoulder. “Thank you so much for your help. The cash reward will be waiting for you at the Burnaby Police Department.”

There’s even a cash reward??

The policeman could tell that the teacher didn’t have a clue what he was saying. “Haven’t you seen the ‘Wanted’ posters around? It said whoever was able to capture the crazy man would receive an award of two hundred dollars.”
    The teacher was so excited! He had been hoping to get some extra cash recently, and this was perfect timing!

On Monday when school started yet again, the teacher told his colleagues and students of the little man and how he defeated him. Everyone was extremely impressed, and from that day on, the social studies teacher was even more respected around the school.

2. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Lol. the story was alright.

3. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

a lot of words but very little details
    the story is not quit plausible, thans for sharing

4. pharmboi06

pharmboi06 Member

I totally agree..

5. ms-jojo

thanks for the honest opinion guys =]

6. babyyjuju

babyyjuju Well-Known Member

the story wasnt bad. its good

7. ms-jojo

thanks babyyjuju. =]

hmm i wonder who here whos read my story has ever heard the original Brave Little Tailor.... because then maybe you guys would understand why my story has so much useless information and then little plot. =P

8. bubblegum

bubblegum Well-Known Member

better then what I can write at least :D

9. flya1027

flya1027 New Member

lol...let me try writing one now! lmao

10. d1nonly

d1nonly Member

11. ms-jojo

somebody's using the cheap way to increase his number of posts.