2006 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by zcorpio, Sep 9, 2006.

1. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Not sure if you guys are fans of American football but most of the games start tomorrow :O. Which team are people cheering for? Personally going for Miami Dolphins too bad they lost their opener though :(.

Here's tomorrow schedule:

Miami at Pittsburgh (28-17 Pitts)
    Atlanta at Carolina
    Baltimore at Tampa Bay
    Buffalo at New England
    Cincinnati at Kansas City
    Denver at St. Louis
    New Orleans at Cleveland
    N.Y. Jets at Tennessee
    Philadelphia at Houston
    Seattle at Detroit
    Chicago at Green Bay
    Dallas at Jacksonville
    San Francisco at Arizona
    Indianapolis at N.Y. Giants
    Minnesota at Washington
    San Diego at Oakland

2. quickninsane

quickninsane Member

Its indianapolis's year, if they dont win the super bowl this year, manning aint gonna win one the years after i guarantee it. With all the contracts they gotta make this year, theres no way they can keep all these superstars on their team, especially their defense.

Super Bowl: Indianapolis v Carolina = Indianapolis wins.

3. don

don ello

Seattle Seahawks!

4. colts!....manning deserves a superbowl ring!

5. sschsu

sschsu Well-Known Member

Don't like American football at all. I think Rugby is better than American football though I don't watch rugby much either. I love football (soccer).

6. artofwar

artofwar Well-Known Member

the 49ers will rebound and beat the rams next week because vernon Davis is a beast.

7. artofwar

the 49ers will rebound and beat the rams next week because vernon Davis is a beast.

8. Li-thal

Li-thal Active Member

da bears wit da best d in da league, shutout to greenbay and basically gave brett favre a good reason to retire

9. zcorpio

Posting this week's schedule:

Buffalo at Miami
    Carolina at Minnesota
    Cleveland at Cincinnati
    Detroit at Chicago
    Houston at Indianapolis
    New Orleans at Green Bay
    N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia
    Oakland at Baltimore
    Tampa Bay at Atlanta
    Arizona at Seattle
    St. Louis at San Francisco
    Kansas City at Denver
    New England at N.Y. Jets
    Tennessee at San Diego
    Washington at Dallas
    Pittsburgh at Jacksonville

Some games to keep an eye on would be the Giants vs the Eagles since it should be a good division match up, Jets vs Pats to see how well will NE do without Deon Branch now that he's a Seahawk, and Pittsburgh vs Jacksonville on prime time Monday.

10. artofwar

the 49ers will beat the ealges too, because Antonio Bryant is up against Joselio Hanson

11. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

Im embarassed to say that Im a Oakland Raiders fan. They got spanked by the Chargers and Ravens. Aaron Brooks isnt a very good qb but the offense line is even worst. They cant protect the qb and open any holes for the running back. Things dont look too good for my Raiders.

As for the Niners, they actually look pretty good. Alex Smith's starting to look as if he deserves being picked number one overall. He threw a touch down in each of his games and the best stat is no interceptions. Frank Gore is a beast and Vernon Davis will only improve. He's big and has decent speed. Manny Lawson also impressed me. He could become better than Mario Williams who was the first pick of this year's draft. Antonio Bryant looks like a hot head, I hope he doesnt end up being another T.O. As long as he keeps making catches like he did during the Rams game I wont be complaining.

It is too early to say that the Niners will make the playoffs. I wont be convince until they beat a few more good teams. With that said I dont think they can beat the Eagles. I know Jevon Kearse is out for the season but they still got McNabb, Westbrook and Donte Stallworth. Im sure the Niners will be competitive in that game. Im also sure that the Eagles are pissed after allowing the Giants to come back and win that game.

12. zcorpio

Yea that Giants-Eagles game was pretty crazy near the end; unfortunately for the Eagles they lost. 49ers got some really great talent but they're all really young I guess we'll have to wait and see what pans out for them like what Shadow said. So far I think biggest surprises are the Bears with some crazy offensive production from Rex Grossman and a solid defense to keep them deep into the playoffs, the Charges with some surprising great defense this year and they still have Tomlimson, and the Ravens defense look as good as they did when they won it all in 2001.

13. Li-thal

Li-thal Active Member

like ive said before tha bears, outscored last 2 opponents 60-7, so say it wit me tha bears

14. thiswhompz

thiswhompz Active Member

Cowboys to Superbowl

Watch out for dem Cowboys cuz they look like they're finally clicking after beating up on the redskins.

15. yeeman22

yeeman22 Member

Patriots all the way baby.
    Just gotta get Brady to quit sulking that he lost his best 2 WR and get his head back to the game

16. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

it's all about Allen and the argos =)....go titans

17. asianviez

asianviez Well-Known Member

week 3?

no more updates?
    giants showing that the defense is not big at all.
    no pass rush vs seattle..
    many interceptions by their star player, Manning

18. BigToe

BigToe Well-Known Member

Niners all the way!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, Oct 1

Arizona vs Atlanta
    1:00pm ET
    TV: FOX

Dallas vs Tennessee

Indianapolis vs NY Jets
    TV: CBS

Miami vs Houston

Minnesota vs Buffalo

New Orleans vs Carolina

San Diego vs Baltimore

San Francisco vs Kansas City

Detroit vs St. Louis
    4:05pm ET

Cleveland vs Oakland
    4:15pm ET

Jacksonville vs Washington
    Washington

New England vs Cincinnati

Seattle vs Chicago
    8:15pm ET
    TV: NBC

19. zcorpio

Key games for tomorrow from a storyline perspective:

New England vs Cincinnati - Patriots make or break time and time for the Bengals to showcase their dominance.

New Orleans vs Carolina - Will the Saints be the Cinderella team or will the Panthers continue to turn their season around now that Steve Smith is back?

San Diego vs Baltimore - I love watching defense and this game may have the top two defenses in the league plus both teams are undefeated.

Seattle vs Chicago - Possible NFC championship game? Seahawks will be without Alexander and it is play at Soldier Field!

20. Daal

Daal Member

Wow. Chicago is just owning Seattle right now but the Seahawks don't have Alexander so it may not be fair to judge Seattle on this game.