18 Year Old Girl Invents 20 Second Cell Phone Charger! (Wins $50K & Talks With Google)

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by shinobi, May 22, 2013.

1. [video=youtube;X4EsjlLyKFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4EsjlLyKFI[/video]

Teenager explains her award winning revolutionary invention. Teenager invents revolutionary device which has the potential to charge a cell phone within just 20 SECONDS. A California teen has attracted the attention of tech giants Google for her potentially revolutionary invention which charges a phone in 20 seconds flat"

- CBS

2. surplusletterbox

surplusletterbox Well-Known Member

After viewing the clip I think this is not a charging device that charges a battery. It is (supercapacitors) to be used as electricity storage instead of a Lithium Ion battery in phones. I did not think that it was physically possible to charge a say 1000mAH battery without pretty hefty amperes in 20 seconds.

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^lol, wat?

4. mysticusagi

mysticusagi Member

People can be so creative. I wonder what this idea will be developed into.

5. eclinix

eclinix Member

it would ruin the battery industry.

6. workingtiger55

workingtiger55 New Member

Hope the charger coming out soon

7. bbes

bbes Incredible

i have seen others with like quick charging devices, but they need to have a different type of battery. i would highly doubt a lithium ion battery can be charged so quickly. and i guess it is to do with the amperes and charge and being able to hold the high power so quickly safely. batteries have quite a lot of variables.

8. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Well it takes about 20 seconds to take a battery out and put in a new one. Thats my theory to say the least.

9. huycha04

huycha04 Well-Known Member

the link is dead, I youtube it. Wow, very interesting stuff, I hope it get implemented soon.