YGE Announces Minzy's Leave From 2NE1

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by Phoenix, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Minzy 2ne1.jpg
    YG Entertainment has made an official announcement that 2NE1's Minzy has left the group on April 5th, stating, "We are sorry to inform the many 2NE1 fans who've waited so long. We are making an official announcement that 2NE1's maknae Minzy will no longer be a part of 2NE1."

The agency revealed that, "With the end of 2NE1's contract with YG coming up on May 5, 2016, we met with the 2NE1 members this past January to discuss their intentions about re-signing. However, Minzy expressed her intentions that were different from the group."

However Blackjack fans might be glad to know that they can expect a 2NE1 comeback this summer with the remaining members CL, Park Bom, and Dara as the remaining three did re-sign, and they are currently preparing for a new song release for this summer as 2NE1, but will not be looking for an additional member to replace Minzy.

~~~

Creds: allkpop

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Was kinda of a surprised yesterday when I found out but thinking how Minzy hadn't really been promoting on any shows or made her own solo debute. YG is known for long hiatus but I guess she is finally sick of waiting for her turn. Don't want to waste more time and start doing what she wants. 2NE1 is such a well known group, should be very profitable for her even if we never see her on variety shows and stuff.

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

She's been in the industry for a long time now BUT she's only 22! She can pretty much debut under another group is she wanted to again but I see her going solo. YG's fault for focusing too much on CL's American Debut which I don't understand why he pushes so hard for American debuts. You probably have the most freedom in a way in YG compared to SM and JYP but that comes with long hiatus's. Dara does like acting and variety, CL works on her solo music, and Bom is "reflecting".

Nobody expected 2NE1 to perform at MAMA 2015 (and they shouldn't have since they didn't have new music) but maybe they knew it was their last performance.