Will Dicky Cheung Ever Return to TVB?

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by hadouken, Nov 27, 2005.

1. ul-227E0.jpg

Since Dicky Cheung has left TVB, he has continuously made series in Taiwan and in the mainlands. Yesterday at an event for a promotion of his new album, he was asked by reporters on whether he has thought about returning to TVB sometime in the near future. Dicky replied by saying that he definitely cannot for atleast the next two to three years.

Reporters then asked him if it has any reason to do with the price TVB is willing to pay him? Dicky stressed that money is not the problem between him and TVB. He says that him and TVB still have a close friend relationship. He prefers to work on plays outside like in Taiwan and the mainlands because the company of TVB are "bought broadcasts".

Reporters then reminded him of the TVB SERIES "Journey To the West/ Monkey King" and asked whether it was because of that that is making him not wanting to come back. Remember? Dicky did part one and then Benny Chan replaced him in part two? The reason was because Dicky wasn't agreeing to the price TVB was offering him, therefore he did not sign the contract.

Dicky said, "That is foolish! TVB is like my maternal home. It looks like a university that I graduated from. I respect TVB and every single person in it. If TVB was to ask me to return and be a "professor" for the students, I would be more than happy to do so. I also wouldn't mind if TVB buys one of the plays I direct. If that will be the case in the future, it'll be a great thing."

Translated by Starizblue
    Asian Fanatics

2. ukbutterflygal

ukbutterflygal Well-Known Member

i still think he is a good actor and some of the roles hes played hes really funny!

3. probbably my fav male series actor he can do sad roles and funny ones... amazing actor! and he's the highest paid series actor.

4. yicheng23

yicheng23 Member

i doubt it...tvb pays too low for him i think

5. rocafel1a

rocafel1a Member

i wish he would come back because ATV suxors n TVB ruxors

6. nerdyviet

nerdyviet Active Member

i hope he returns to tvb !! he`s such a funny actor !

7. mizsmiley

mizsmiley Member

i really hope he returns to TVB!!!he's a really good actor and is very funny!

8. bluewater123

bluewater123 Member

i hope he returns too. but i doubt it...

9. karmy

karmy Guest

THis guy's halarious... I can't believe he left.....

10. prue

prue Member

Don't mind if he goes back to TVB or not. If only he still plays in series and i can watch it, than it is good for me. Like his acting and the series he made now isn't bad at all.

11. mega_o_mega

mega_o_mega Well-Known Member

even though i miss him in TVB, but i think he is too poplular to be in TVB. he is such a great actor, and i think he deserves to be recognized in Mainland and Taiwan. besides, with all the newer stars in TVB, wouldn't it be odd seeing him to pair up with them?

12. lionheart

lionheart Well-Known Member

it would be cool to have dicky back... =[
    now that jessica hsuan had left tvb too...tvb wont be as great =[

13. ddsmd

ddsmd Member

i liked him in monkey king, but he looks like a bum with that stupid hair thing

14. shy

shy Well-Known Member

I agree with 'prue'. Dicky is an amazing actor and I think the series he does now are not bad. If ever he decides to come back to TVB, that's great, but if he doesn't, I wouldn't mind either.

15. gengwank

gengwank Well-Known Member

Would love him to go back to tvb since some of his recent series are pretty crap

16. naruto1314

naruto1314 Well-Known Member

Dicky is my favorite male actor so far. I like most of his movies.

17. naruto1314

when that happen?=;[

18. naruto1314

so who is left in TVB after i am hearing so many ppl leaving?

19. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

The way i look at it...he should stick to his plan in mainland china.....dun think if he come back to TVB....TVB can afford him much role....his TAI KOH attitude too much man.....Nway..he didnt really get much populairty and achievement when he was used to be TVB....so...safe bet for him to continue to earn his BUckets in China and retire in 4 years time =p

20. venusluv

venusluv Member

Yea I think Dicky should stick to mainland series too even though I really want him back in TVB. He's a really good actor so he should be exploring more. I never really noticed him when he was in TVB series but I did when he was out in mainland series such as world's finest even tho he wasnt a main cast