Who Else Is Frustrated About Chinese Remakes?

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by TvbAddict, Nov 23, 2005.

1. TvbAddict

TvbAddict Well-Known Member

I am kinda frustrated when i hear Chinese songs that are just remakes of Korean, Japanese, and American songs. Am I the only one that has not really heard any good original songs since the 90s?

2. shhh lips

shhh lips Well-Known Member

Well I dont mind remakes...as long as they sound good im fine with them. But if they remake a song too many times in several languages (eg. Because im a Girl) then that makes me frustrated.

And plus are there really that many remakes in Chinese? Or maybe my knowledge of music isn't too great.

3. ukbutterflygal

ukbutterflygal Well-Known Member

i dont mind them really as long as they sound good.sumtimes the remake is better!

4. Happytunes

Happytunes Member

Me neither...I don't really mind remakes. Yes, sometimes remakes sound better than the original and sometimes vice versa. All this just adds more to our wonderful world of music. : )

5. blossom2006

blossom2006 Member

I'm happy with remakes. It's great to have different actors in the same movie. Sometimes its a fluke or it's better than the first. -huh

6. don

don ello

some good some bad....it depends

7. naruto1314

naruto1314 Well-Known Member

i dont mind if the songs sound good

8. qpower

qpower Well-Known Member

Same here, i enjoy some of the songs, BUT i do agree that some OTHER songs so suck :p

9. drakan

drakan Well-Known Member

i think remakes are lame. Covers are ok. But for remakes, be original and come up with your own stuff.

10. Sometimes things need to be re-cycled to keep to save resources. Having repeats is easier for the ear, it's not comfortable listening to new material all the time.
    And don't you agree that Korean songs often remake American songs too?

11. jdorama

jdorama Guest

lots of korean songs are remakes of american songs. but theres nothing wrong with it. it sounds even better sometimes too. but yea it'll be nice if chinese music industries can make songs with more originality to it though. but theres nothing wrong with remakes though. just not too much

12. kimmster

kimmster New Member

ppsshhh .. you try hearing the horrible remakes that the viet make of good ol` chinese songs .. especially the great oldies like love triangle or or flying fox of snowy mountain [tvb] or or the newer songs like uhm .. kelly`s diary

13. birdman

birdman Member

some of the remixes are better than the originals. so i guess im ok with them.

14. sushii

sushii Member

hmm..the remake of songs really don't bother me...for example(i don't know if this is a really good ex. or not) gary cao's superwoman.. it was also a remake with a little bit of his own twist... its a great song!

but for some reason..viet remakes..make me cringe... like this group called puriti's remake of becuase i'm a girl..is HORRIBLE!!

15. it's ok as long as they sound good... at least i can sing them in K :p

16. luv2288

luv2288 Active Member

I usually don't like Chinese remakes because they tend to be somewhat lame. Most of the time the original is the best and the only way to go.

17. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

i see no problem with that, it actually quite good to see people are appreciating the song which was orginally made from the chinese

18. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i don't care about remakes as long as the song is good

19. EvaxTvxQ

EvaxTvxQ Well-Known Member

Its not just the chinese that are doin it
    Korean and Japanese are doing it also.
    I mean, I bet all singers had done a re-make of songs too
    and the American singers, they are doin that too
    like using the songs from the 90's or 80's
    but as long as it sounds good, its fine
    but ahhh!! some songs just pisses me off

20. melodykk

melodykk Member

Every place makes remake of songs from other places, and for people who only listen to chinese music then they get to her the chinese version of other music, isn't that I good thing and I guess the people who create the music want more people to listen to it too, and people remaking it just prove that their music is good, it not like they are stealing an saying that they created the music, they give credit to the creators, I really don't see a problem.