The PC Builders Thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by kontradictions, Aug 11, 2009.

1. why are you placing the hdd so far apart anyways? heat dissipation? cause i can tell you right now that is an unnecessary amount of space....

anyways, the wiring looks like you go from the psu through that top slot and then back down to your hdd.... why go through all that?? my OCZ psu is top mounted to the case and my hdd are near the bottom of said case and i have no problems reaching them, (two hdd and a media drive) *shrug* and it seems you have a lot of spare wires just hanging around? or are those not detachable?

2. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

they're all there for a reason (except for the 8-pin epu at the top right). The top hdd is usually unplugged. I keep the runtime on it low. Its the backup hdd in case the main one suddenly dies. The thing is, the cable length between middle to proximal sata power isn't enough. I'm sure an antec, seasonic, cougar, corsair, xfx, etc psu would do the trick. I didn't research enough at the time of purchase and got the ocz just because it fit the bill, not thinking ahead for upgrade potential. Thus... I'm stuck with a short sata power cable problem.

Mind you, if I were trying to power 3 hdd with one of the modular sata power cable, then use a second modular sata cable to power the disc drive alone, it'd be absolutely perfect! But that's not what I'm trying to achieve. The distance needed to get from hdd to disc drive for two adjacent sata power slots is just too far apart, even if I place the hdd at the top bay or second to top bay. Thus, the middle one ends up never being used.

3. i suppose if you don't like the stock cable buy a new one that fits your needs? the beauty of detachable power cables....

I am not an OCZ spokes person but i also don't like the defaming of a product due to cable length rather than output power efficiency.

4. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Just got a hold of this server. It's a shared resource among a few individuals.
    Its a ferocious beast. Part of 3 for DB cluster.

[​IMG]

5. knoc.... can it run solitaire?

6. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Whoever that is in your avatar, that's not a very flattering picture of her.

7. Knoctur_nal

Solitaire is too heavy an application.

Its been some time since i've seen a box like that.

8. kristen kruek.... and i think she looks smashing.

9. kontradictions

She's hot but that picture of her with her head crooked makes her look deformed.

10. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

solitaire the card game...??...ehhh im out of hereeeeee.....

11. kontradictions

Lightweight.

12. Knoctur_nal

yes. u play the game on top of the computer.

13. i don't see that :p

14. dem is a lot of wires intra.. :trollface:

15. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

right on. This is what I need.

Lol the PSU is so outdated. It's intended for top-mounted. Sata power out is upside down if I try to connect it the logical way o-o. Its still good tho.. way better than stock ones that give inconsistent power output >< made me so nervous that the unit would die any instant (or ruin components) before getting this...

ikr. makes me wonder how other setups look like. There's no absolutely no wires running on the front so :)

16. Knoctur_nal

That's what the back is for, wires.

17. Ecko, have you posted photos of your rig yet?

18. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

huh....another new word/slang...?? -___-

but but but...

im confuzzledddd.....:confused: bb not made for this thread....

19. lol oh bb.... you should stick to headshots in modern warfare!