Spending to much time with your bf/gf?

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by smallrinilady, Mar 9, 2007.

?

how do you schedule time to spend with your bf/gf

1. use some of your normal alone time to spend with your gf/bf

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. use some of your normal (with friends time) to spend with your gf/bf

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. find your gf/bf only when you are bored

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. spend as much time with your gf/bf as possible

23 vote(s)
    56.1%
  1. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

this is not about problems caused within the relationship
    but more about the problems it causes with other people

do you ditch your friends to spend more time with your gf/bf?

2. smallrinilady

this has always been an issue that me and my friends talk about

we see these people who when they get new bf/gf tend to forget the rest of us (their friends) exist
    and us, we say, when we get a gf/bf we wont be like that
    but i've seen those who have said it also do the same thing

and i'm going through the same situation right now
    i want to spend as much time with my guy as i can
    even though i told a friend i would go to her house warming party if i wasn't busy, (but spending time with my guy doesn't seem like a proper excuse becuase i already see him alot)

if it's OUR (me and my guy's) friends, than it's no problem, becuase what ever we want to do, we can all go together,
    but of course i have other friends that my guy doesn't know, and he doens't really care to meet them. So he just lets me go alone, in fact most of the time he refuses to go, or when he does he doens't really act like himself because he's shy (so they dont get a proper impression of his true self)

even those these events are fun
    i rather be home just sitting on a couch watching tv with him
    i force myself to go anyways, becuase i dont want to be one of those people who loses there friends, because I'm the one who ditched them first

i just want to change my mindset
    i dont want to be one of those girls who can't live without their guy at there side every minute, i often look down on those girls
    i dont want to be a hypocrate
    but i want to be by his side all the time, it makes me really happy

~sigh~

any of your feel this way?
    i bet a ton of your have been those friends who have been ditched for the bf/gf

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

bro's b4 hoes.......hoess b4 bro's

4. sansan_55

sansan_55 Member

Do whatever that makes yourself happier. Be selfish. Stop being a emo girl. I'm the only emo girl!

5. chiehc87

chiehc87 Well-Known Member

sacrifices needs to be made in every relationship. some harder than other ...

it really depends on 'who' gets pissed off when ditched. i suppose the most ideal case would be your boyfriend being ok with the fact that you are going to decrease the time spend with him for your friends ... and vice versa.

however, if both of them mind the decrease of time spent. i suggest you to analysis your relationship with your boyfriend, and see if it really going someplace. don't freak him out with suggestion of getting married or stuff. but, see he is willing for that .. and also if you are willing to go that far in your relationship with him.

but, most of all. it really depends on what make you feel more comfortable. if upsetting or even losing your bf over this is less painful than losing your friends. pick a side and stick with it.

@kdotc ... wtf are you say? "bro's b4 hoes ... hoess b4 bro's" are you high?

6. sky_dough

sky_dough New Member

if they are really your friends they will understand, but at the same time, since you guys talk about others ditching their friends to be with their bf/gf and see it as a bad thing, then yeah, you're pretty much a hyprocrate. anyways, i don't see anything wrong with spending time with your boyfriend. if you want to keep both him and your friends, why don't you just try harder and let them chill more. the more he sees your friends, the more comfortable he'll get. look at it this way, bf/gf comes and goes. if he doesn't want to try or if you guys end up breaking up... chances are.. you'll be back with your friends... i'm not even sure if that made sense lol.

7. urgh. i hate people like this....

If you dont follow the bros before hoes or the chicks before dicks philosophy (for males then females respectively for those who are ignorant. lol) then you are despicable.

If i had a friend who ditches his/her friends to go with his girlfriend, or her boyfriend, ill be pretty damn pissed.

but ill only be pissed if it happens in this situation:

if our friends plan a few hanging out events, and one of the friends say yes they promise they'll go, and later on they cancel every single one of them to go with their chum, they are ignorant and despicable. i will not make friends with such non-thoughtful friends.

8. Chloee

Chloee Well-Known Member

I try to spend as much time I can with my boyfriend. As for spending time with my friends are none because for one thing most of them have gone to college out the area or out of state. For the ones that are here, either they don't want to, or don't care, or don't even remember me =\

9. casshern

casshern Well-Known Member

Friends > Girls

Good friends are hard to come by. Girls are easy. But usually, my girlfriends hang out with me and my friends, so it's all good. We take turns hanging out with each other's crews. I don't ditch my friends to hang out with her, and at the same time I don't expect her to ditch her friends to hang out with me. I'm not the clingy type anyway.

10. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

OMG, it was like a taboo among my circle of friends (yeah, she's in another hibernation phase, no use calling her) But what annoys me worst were when my friend does come, her boyfriend will always come and the entire rendez-vous is ruined because they will be PDA-ing the entire evening -- after a few times I stop asking those girls out (when they are in a fresh relationship).

11. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

there must be balance in the force young skywalker

12. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

In my opinion, anyone and everyone who has been in a relationship know that "ditching" their friend(s) is almost inevitable, there are sacrifices to be made.
    I don't think it's ignorant nor despicable (yeah, right at you, dann) -- it happens. Though, I would agree that if they COMPLETELY block off the "friendship communication" line BECAUSE of his/her bf/gf, then they are not worth being friends with.

13. onelove

onelove Well-Known Member

uh..i've always regarded my gf to be mai friend and she usually hangs with mine and vice versa`` so this probz doesn't apply to me and those alike?

love`
    mon

14. Yowie

Yowie Active Member

True friends should understand that you need your alone couple time. :)

15. Linux4ever

Linux4ever Active Member

I perfer to have a balance between my friends and my g/f... But if my g/f asks me to hang out with her of course it i will... But if my friends and my g/f ask me at the same time to hang out i would just tag my g/f with me to hang out with my friends... I say everything should be balance between the two cause friends are important and plus i count my g/f to be a friend too...

16. kenshi

kenshi Well-Known Member

Some of my bros can become hoes sometimes LOL

I put a aside time for everyone if possible

17. Let me clear it up. I only find it despicable if the last scenario that i described in the previous post occurs. If he/she mentions that they are busy ahead of time, thats fine. But changing at the last minute is not.

18. smallrinilady

this is basically what i'm trying to acheive
    just need to make some adjustments and getting use to

this is something we DO NOT do
    like i'll call him and he'll be with a friend, and he'll say i'm busy
    or when he went on vacation and i called him, he said he will give me five minutes to talk, but i got off so he could spend time with the friend he was with
    and when i'm with a friend, he will never stay on the phone, because he knows i should be spending time with them, and not on the phone with him

19. cupofmilk

cupofmilk Member

there is no set rule. just put it down when it counts. if the significant other is the focus of your time or you planned ahead for this... dont flake. if your friends got plans and its a conflict of interest if the significant other comes... then you gotta respect that.

easiest rule? USE RATIONAL JUDGEMENT. besides your sig. o isnt the only thing you have running in your life as much as they would like to think that.

20. theft

theft Member

it chicks over d*cks xD
    cause i think that guys cant give u pleassure and if they are actually bros they
    wont care that u are goin for some p*ssy