MS Office 365

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by H!, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Just wanted to throw out there.... anyone use Office 365?

Just did fresh install of Office 2016 and realised there's no selective/advanced install method. :facepalm: so instead of installing Word/excel i've now ended up with the whole suite lol

probs my bad, never read up on it... :lol: also never bothered to read about office 365... what's good about it?

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I'm not 100% sure.. still using 2013 but I know for my school laptop they installed 365.

Seems like if you "log in", you get to access all your files? So kind of like a cloud drive? I may be talking out of my ass here though.

Therefore, I see no difference between Google Docs and 365

3. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Save your docs to cloud. Accessible from devices ... if you use Windows Phone. Not sure about Iphone / Android; I don't use Office 365. Make Microsoft's job easier to steal your "data" and sell them. Paranoid me refused to allow Microsoft or any other company (google, etc) making money out of me.

4. yea.. the sign in and have access to your files seems to be available on Office 2016... so i'm still not sure what the diff is between that and office 365 :lol:

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Or google drive/docs. I use docs for my school shit since I don't use my school laptop at home..

6. StephyLee

StephyLee Active Member

I never used Microsoft office before since I have to pay. But keep in mind that some jobs require you know Microsoft office so that might be a problem.

I always use Google Drive since I can access my work on my Android tablet and can be able to work with my notes offline.

:) :) :)

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

If you're paying for programs.. you're doing something wrong :kelefe:

Google Drive is awesome. I do all my school work and I can access my files at home or at school without USB. You just have to hope the internet isn't down. However like others have mentioned, you never know if Microsoft steals your files and sells them. But it's school stuff so I dont give a fuck :boblaff:

8. dom88_rx7

dom88_rx7 Well-Known Member

anyone have used microsoft office 365 with skype for business before? is the skype for business integrable with microsoft outlook?

9. Skype for Business is the renamed version of MS Lync. It's definitely integrable with MS Outlook. I use it at work at the moment (Y)