KARA Officially Announces Disbandment

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by Phoenix, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Kara.JPG
    Earlier this month KARA members Goo Hara, Han Seungyeon and Park Gyuri were looking into joining new agencies as their contracts were going to expire soon, as a result many speculations rose about the possible disbandment of the popular girl band.

DSP Media announced formally that the contracts of the three members had expired as of today January 15th and will no longer be represented by the agency. The three girls have decided to branch out and take on new opportunities and activities elsewhere, and that their now former agency fully respects and supports their decisions.

Heo Youngji, on the other hand still has time left on her contract will remain with DSP Media as a solo artist.

KARA and the agency thanked fans for loving and supporting for the past nine years and asked fans to continue support in their future activities.

~~~

Cred: naver/oncc

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

It fucking sucks for everyone.

When Nicole and Jiyoung left, that's when KARA should have disbanded. Instead they ran a survival program to seek for a replacement member who turned out to be Youngji. So why do it if the end was going towards a disbandment? Milking the last of KARA...

I love Youngji, but do you feel bad for her or no? Yes because shortly after KARA became 4 they disbanded and she's stuck with DSP since she's still under contract? Or no because she got her name out there using KARA? People guesses that Somin (debuted with DSP in a group called April, but pulled out after) might make anther debut with Youngji as a duo. Who knows though.

KARA went downhill from "Step" IMO, but Mamma Mia was good however followed by Cupid was not good. At least their Japanese releases are consistent as I quite like them. Anyways, all I can hope for is a KARA reunion sometime in the future :teary:. Whether as the 5 that made KARA popular, or 5+Youngji I don't care. Along with Girls Generation and Wonder Girls, they were the top in their era.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Kara members changed so many times and they finally end it but not in the right way, should had ended when the other two left. Kara was doing so well too before Nicole and Jiyoung left. Guess dsp isn't give these girls their worth.

Just feel bad for Youngji, I like her from Roommates variety show with Jackson. They were so funny, she does well on variety show but I hope she successes.

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

The reality is that none of them, including Nicole and Jiyoung, will be successful promoting as a solo actress/singer. But rather if they pursued singing or acting while still carrying the name KARA with them, they'll be more well known.

I mean, Jiyoung has completely disappeared in the Korean industry. Nicole had some Korean photoshoots and at least she had her Korean and Japanese debut, with a second Japanese song to follow up in February I think.

With all these groups reuniting, I really wish one day KARA will be back. "Step" is always a jam when it comes on.

5. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

the group kinda sucks.