Bobby Au Yeung Angered by TVB's Treatment

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jun 4, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

[​IMG]

As many A-list and established performers leave Hong Kong to seek work in Mainland China, TVB has lost many actors. With a dwindling number of veterans left, TVB has been making immense efforts to keep those remaining. However, it came as a shock when Bobby Au Yeung (歐陽震華) was snubbed by management in a recent discussion over his contract renewal.

While meeting with TVB’s Artiste Management Department to discuss the terms for his contract, Bobby was reportedly told that the company will “call him when there is work for him.” Bobby was extremely displeased about being unappreciated and undervalued.

Since Bobby was with the station for more than 30 years and starred in numerous highly-rated dramas, he was shocked by the poor treatment. As many artistes spoke up in defense of Bobby, he expressed his gratitude, “I’m surprised by the big response; many people spoke up for me because they felt that I was [treated improperly]. A reason must be given for some things!” Asked if he was angry, Bobby said, “I just want justice and emotional reassurance. I don’t want a third party to tell TVB what I said!”

After Virginia Lok (樂易玲) poorly handled the contract negotiations with Bobby, Catherine Tsang (曾勵珍) stepped in to personally discuss the matter with Bobby in hopes of changing his mind. Asked whether Bobby will sign again with TVB, he said, “It doesn’t matter. I will accept when there is work. The most important thing is that we have an enjoyable partnership, similar to any business arrangement. I’m not a laborer!”

Catherine Tsang Believes It is a Misunderstanding

Asked whether Bobby is still angry over the incident, Catherine said, “Not sure! I told him not to cause any harm to his health. It’s okay! It’s just linguistic misunderstandings. It’s nothing. I’ve watched him grow up, so I will definitely watch out for him.”

Previously, TVB’s upper management indicated that they will develop a customized role for Bobby. Catherine further explained, “It was tailored for him. Previously, his health was poor. I told the producer that he must be careful with Bobby’s jobs. [Take care of him] just like a kid or even an older actor. He is like a protected animal. During the hot season, we will not have him film an ancient drama.”

When asked what requirements Bobby has in order to renew his contract, Catherine said, “No! He doesn’t have any special requests. He’s very easy-going.”

Virginia Lok’s Response

Asked about her botched up discussion with Bobby, Virginia Lok said, “Why wouldn’t I want to sign Bobby? That day, my colleague and I met with Bobby’s manager. We didn’t finish discussing the contract, and I never heard my colleague say, ‘We will call you when there’s work’. I think it’s a linguistic misunderstand.”

Creds: Oncc

2. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Sheesh they're really screwing things up over there....

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Virginia Baby Is Fckin Over More Actors...Sigh

4. gd6noob

gd6noob Well-Known Member

meanwhile, HKTV has a nice group going now.. haha
    WAR is on!

5. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

lol, seriously? how do u push bobby away? Maybe Virginia couldnt get a hold of his dick