AFP says ¡§BoA is the..., Britney Spears of Korea.¡¨

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by TvbAddict, Nov 29, 2005.

1. TvbAddict

TvbAddict Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Agence France-Prsse showed lots of interest in ¡§Asia's Star-BoA¡¨ who had a performance for APEC leaders on Nov. 18th.

AFP's news report datelined Busan on 17th said, ¡§19-year-old Korean singer BoA will perform for the world leaders including President George W. Bush of the US. She will give a fresh recess to Asia-Pacific summits who would be tired with the whole day's work.¡¨

¡§BoA is known as Britney Spears of Korea,¡¨ added AFP. ¡§She has a number of fans in Korea and Japan, who is a bridge to connect the culture of both nations.¡¨

¡§Her songs like 'Valenti' and 'Listen to my heart' were very popular as well as she is a model of Gap, Sisheido, Honda and others," reported AFP.¡¨
    Additionally, AFP mentioned that BoA was awarded as ¡§The most influential Asian artist¡¨ and ¡§The best artist from Korea¡¨ at MTV Asia Awards last year. Once again it is an opportunity to realize the position of BoA in the world market.

BoA performed ¡§No.1¡¨ at ¡§Dinner & Culture Performance for APEC summits¡¨ held at BEXCO in Pusan.

2. shhh lips

shhh lips Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree BoA is like Britney, but BoA has better vocals imo. And if anyone watched the BoA/Britney 2003 christmas special. Watching that, BoA dances better and they both obviously lip sync.

3. Myolie88

Myolie88 Banned

boa's got this annoying voice when she tries to sing in english

4. shhh lips

yeah well whenever a singer tries to sing english versions of thier korean/jap/chinese songs. Its always bad. Take Because ima girl for example

5. Myolie88

Myolie88 Banned

have u heard "flying without wings" with her and westlife? ahhh aweful!

6. shhh lips

from which era is that song from? I haven't heard of it before.